• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What is this? 4-1

Started by remrogers, April 01, 2019, 10:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

Okanagan

It is a device for accurately measuring slices of pie so that they come out the same size.  I needed this last evening when we had seven people and I devised a way to accurately cut each pie into seven pieces.  My method was probably less precise than the kitchen tool in your photo but no one could eyeball any discrepancies.

remrogers

Uhhh, no, but your idea did make me laugh.

Thanks. I needed that.

nastygunz

W. BRACKETT Folding Traveler Measuring Tool

Featured in: The Art of Fine Tools
Here's a rare measuring tool - a patented folding traveler by C.W. Brackett of Jordan, NY. This small traveler has a circumference of 12 inches with an indexing star wheel in the center for counting up to 12 full revolutions for a total of 144 inches. Another example of this tool was featured in a lavishly illustrated book "The Art of Fine Tools" by Sandor Nagyszalanczy. The one pictured in the book is from the collection of well-known tool collector and historian Patrick Leach. I've seen reference to that item being in his legendary "inner sanctum" of particularly fine tools. The patent date is October 13, 1885. This is n-mint, no bends, no polising, no oiling, all original. must have been closed at on time and has smll section at about 6" and 12 " wher the plating seems to be down to the brass. , no bneds , no issues, works fine slide lock is mint. back plating is mint

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

remrogers

Nasty has identified this item. It is a protractor and rolling measure, the back of the top piece is marked as a protractor.