• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

More Fun in AZ

Started by JohnP, April 17, 2019, 04:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Yuma, Arizona mayor declares emergency over migrant situation
By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News

An Arizona mayor on Tuesday declared an emergency in the city he represents due to what he said was the strain caused by the incoming flow of migrants.

Yuma Mayor Douglas Nicholls shared the news on Facebook, explaining that he “proclaimed a local emergency” in the city “due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system.”

He went on ask for the federal government to step in and provide assistance.

“I am calling upon the federal government to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in Yuma, as our NGO’s are overcapacity and cannot sustain providing this aid,” the post said.

Nicholls, in a video, laid out his reasoning behind the declaration, saying that he ultimately feels that its what’s best for both Yuma and the incoming migrants.

“So it’s with a heavy heart that I declare that we’re at this point but it is something that I believe we need to do to make sure that our community is maintained and that the human rights of all the migrants are also maintained and that we have a path forward that respects both,” he said.

The city of Yuma, Ariz., also tweeted about the proclamation, citing Nicholls, claiming that released migrants were coming into the area faster than they were leaving.

The move by the local official comes after President Trump declared a national emergency at the nation’s southern border earlier this year.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Parachutes, planes, Russia, goodbye!

Hawks Feather

Well I vote for bussing them to the sanctuary cities.   :innocentwhistle:

JohnP

I said years ago we should bus them to not only sanctuary cities but also to DC.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on April 19, 2019, 04:10:09 PM
I said years ago we should bus them to not only sanctuary cities but also to DC.

The bridge and tent dwellers in DC would eat them.   :huh:

coyote101

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 18, 2019, 09:54:49 AM
Well I vote for bussing them to the sanctuary cities.   :innocentwhistle:

Me too Jerry.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz