• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Station Fire

Started by nor-cal yote, August 31, 2009, 12:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Been on this one a couple of days now. Thought you might enjoy.

this was mid-morning fire activity was above normal.

in the right corner you can see a couple of pick ups(media) but the flame lenghts are amazing.
this was this afternoon on the oppisite side of the mountain it really took off today.
never yell whoa in a horse race

HuntnCarve

You be careful out there.  I just read where two firefighters lost their lives when their vehicle rolled off a hill.  Very sad.  The magnitude of your photos just can't be comprehended.  Something you have to see first hand to understand the destructive forces being unleashed!
Stay safe!

Dave

alscalls

God ....give them rain....
Stay safe buddy.....and THANK YOU for what you do!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Like Dave said, unless you see one of these fires it is hard to understand the scope of them.  There were a few smaller fires when we were west years ago and even the small ones were putting off huge flames and smoke (and that was a view from many miles away.

Stay safe.

Jerry

KySongDog

Wow!   Be careful out there.  I can see where a man could get trapped very easily by those flames.   :shock2:

FinsnFur

Awesome pics Chris :yoyo:
Doesnt look like much fun though :nono:

Stay safe Buddy
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Been seeing a lot about this fire on the news.  You be careful out there!!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nor-cal yote

Just got off shift heard it was 100,000 acres plus. We have been burning out for the past two days, bringing right down to peoples back yards, havent had a chance to get any more pic, but saw Al Roker from good moring America while driving out from morning. Will get some pics this week and post them.

Silencer

be careful out there, looks and sounds bad. 

Frogman

Hey nor-cal,

Did you get breakfast served by the Governator???

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nor-cal yote

No up and moving by 0500, I think he sleeps in.  We cut handline most of the afternoon, where it was to steep for the dozers to go. One of my crew members saw a mountain lion today, thought it was a deer then put up the binos, and said it had about 2 1/2 foot tail.

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: Silencer on September 02, 2009, 04:18:02 AM
be careful out there, looks and sounds bad. 

:bowingsmilie: Fire fighters are a special breed (Hero's) in my book. Take care of yourself !!!
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.