• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

MY OLD SHIP

Started by nastygunz, February 20, 2009, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

The USS  Nassau, 840 feet of US Navy ass-kickin  :yoyo:....just found this pic and thought it was pretty cool:)

FinsnFur

That Izzzzzzz cool. How old is that pic?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Not sure....I think it was when they had all those clipper ships touring around?

nastygunz

This is my first ship, 18 years old from the hills of VT....scared shitless..... :wink:....USS Canopus....thats a ICBM nuke missile sub tied up along side her....one of my duties onboard was nuclear security....around the ship there were doors painted bright red that said "NUCLEAR WEAPONS SPACE,DO NOT ENTER, DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORIZED".....when we would have a security alert alarms would go off all over the weapons station....and the pa system would say " SECURITY ALERT, SECURITY ALERT, ALL HANDS STAND FAST, DO NOT MOVE"....anybody caught moving was considered a "ZULU-5-OSCAR" or terrorist....and trust me you did not want to be caught by us  :biggrin:
----------------

nastygunz

This bad boy is the USS Wainwright, guided missile cruiser which my brother was on, we were in the same battle group a few times....small world....shes the one that whupped them iranian navy ships around the oil derricks and dropped some missiles on em :yoyo:

nastygunz

And that handsome young buck is me !

FinsnFur

That buck is not handsome :nono:

Interesting stuff, for sure. What ers was this 1840? 1850? :laf: Ok, I'm kidding

Hard to believe those monsters can actually float. So tell me, maybe you dont know...how much boat is actually under the water on...say...The USS  Nassau?

Oh and so I dont forget, let me take a second to thank you from the heart seriously, for the time you have committed away from your family and everyday life, to serve this wonderful country that so many others have taken for granted. :congrats: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 21, 2009, 03:33:31 PM
Oh and so I dont forget, let me take a second to thank you from the heart seriously, for the time you have committed away from your family and everyday life, to serve this wonderful country that so many others have taken for granted. :congrats: :wink:
+1  :biggrin:

Frogman

nasty,
      What were you on when those pictures were taken??  You look a little spaced out????

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nastygunz

Dammitt I was trying to look tough and everyone always thinks I was stoned  :biggrin:

Quote from: Frogman on February 21, 2009, 04:37:45 PM
nasty,
      What were you on when those pictures were taken??  You look a little spaced out????

Jim

nastygunz

Jimbo if you do a search on the Nassau it will tell you the draft and a ton of details.....2000+ compartments....how many miles of cable, etc....very interesting....the Nassau is in what is called the "Gator" Navy....all named after amphibious assaults, the Saipan, Tarawa, Iwo Jima,Guam,etc....heres a picture of me later in my career, some ink and lookin a little tougher...I got the dragon in Yokuska,Japan...done by 2 tiny little japanese women who did it with bamboo slivers and ink pots while I downed shots of saki....one would wipe off the blood and one would tattoo haha...oh thems wuz the days..  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :nono: You are like in love with yourself  :laf:
Ok, ok, back to the ship
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Speakin of love....my women is gunna have arms like that after she shovels the driveway after the 12-16 inches of snow we got coming  :biggrin: :eyebrow: :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Well dont forget the pics :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Shes watchin her figure so I carb loaded for her by eating a big bowl of rum raisin ice cream... :innocentwhistle:

Silencer

nastygunz

I took this pic....it is the coastline off of Beirut, Lebanon.....one of the groups there...I forget which...shiite amal militia, etc....was putting a facility up.....was ordered not to....kept going....the Nassau dropped a few rounds of naval gunfire on it...no more facility........you can see the impact puff marked to the left of the picture:

FinsnFur

I thought that said 5" shell from my Nissan :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers