• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

foil wraps

Started by Rick223, August 07, 2006, 09:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick223

If any of you are boyscouts then you most likely know how to make these.
If you dont know what it is here we go .Ita called a foil dinner.
Its accually anything you want on the inside as far as a recipe is concerned.
but its very handy for campin or outdoor cookin on an open fire.
First I always use 3 layers of foil big enough for at least two good sevings.
Then I add (this is my favorite) half lb of shreeded beef or hamburger(raw)if you use pre cooked shreeded beef add a smigin of olive oil then I put in mushrooms green peppers
some motzarella cheese then bbq sauce lots of garlic and a little salt. Now you can put anything you want in there Ive seen pizza stuff a giant smore or chop suey type,anything you like.The secret is to wrap it air tight if you look on most alum. foil boxes they show you how to wrap an air tight package I make them up at home freeze em then when your ready to cook while campin just pull it out of cooler throw it right on the coals.let cook for 10 to 15 min or less or more depending on what it is.
And if its air tight it will not burn, when you think its done open and eat.
nice thing about it no pots or pans or plates to clean. :biggrin:

Rick
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

bigben

we do the same thing.  but we place about a fist full of burger in the center.  mixed up with onions and garlic.  then take taters and carots and tline the edges.  we then put in a little water and ketchup(this is a sc pa thing) in it and seal tight.  the water helps cook veggies.  make sure it is airtight or it will take a long time to cook.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.