Meat for the LBL chili ? Armadillo recipe

Started by Bob D, September 07, 2006, 08:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

2 lbs armadillo meat          salt

1 stick oleo or butter        pepper

foil                                lemon pepper

onion salt- dash

Season with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, lemon juice and rub with butter, Wrap in foil and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Remove foil, add more butter and brown.

For barbecued armadillo, baste with barbecue sauce over grill after removing foil.

FinsnFur

I was thinking somewhere more along the lines of those three yotes you guys just whacked. You gotta have something filed away that will give them some zing on bread and gravy.  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

If I can get loose that week you may want to check Waynes chili for coyote hair, or not :innocentwhistle:Jimmie

iraMD

Who would want to eat an armidillo.  Plus we dont have them up here. Thank God!  Tell Rusty he doesnt have to worry about me now since there are none to shoot.  Can you believe he was going to take me to jail for shooting that armidillo

Stanley

Lighterknot

Why would you have gone to jail?  Surely they aren't protected?  If they are I am in really big trouble...also I am going down to Florida to hunt with my dad in a couple weeks.  If you need some extra armadillos let me know and I can freeze a half a dozen of em...as long as you tell me how to clean/skin/de-shell the dang things.
Chad

Bob D

Lighterknot,
Stanley was shooting them at night. No night hunting in Alabama other than coons and possums. I figured you knew that but others probably don't. Stanley will get rid of the armadillos for you. He loves that kinda stuff.
Bob

Lighterknot

That explains it.  In middle school there was a guy in my dad's lease that would pay me $10 for every armadillo I could bring him as long as it had an undamaged shell.  My choices were either to shoot them in the head with a .22 or to catch them.  I think i may have gotten a total of $60 or $70 out of him over the course of a season before I got tired of messing with them.  I know he was a taxedermist, and if memory serves me correctly ether him or his wife made some kind of decorative arrangement out of their shells and sold them to people.
Chad