• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

ar 15 prices

Started by vayotehowler, November 21, 2010, 08:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

GANDER MTN doorbuster  bushmaster ar .223 with red dot for 599.00 any body think this is a good deal ??? know ar have been like 1000.00 around here , 30 rnd mag too

Roundman

Yep that's a good price if you are looking.

Jeb

Make sure it is a flat top or has a removable carry handle, you can do more with it. Some folks like the upper with a permanent carry handle. Know what barrel length you would be happy with also. Ive seen a few folks jump on a good priced AR but later realized it wasnt the setup they would have liked. That sounds like a good price for my area for sure.
                                        Jeb

slagmaker

Yeah that sounds like a heck of a deal. If it is the model and configuration that you want, even better.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

Yep, I agree. Sounds like a great deal.   

vayotehowler

http://www.black-friday.net/gander-mountain-ad-scan.html# it is on the page listed dont see a carry handle . and to be honest dont know much about ar . i do like rail system but can add that later if need be

KySongDog

Now that you posted a link, that bushmaster is the carbon version.  Over on the HighRoad site, they said there were some problems with that design.  I have never seen or fired one so I don't know too much about it.

You should probably do a search online for that particular model and see what is said about it. 

msmith

I don't much care for the Carbon 15s. If you are interested in a decent AR for a reasonable price, check out DPMS.

Flattops are the way to go. You can add any type of sight including a carry handle. You can do the same with an A2 upper, that is one with a permanent carry handle, but it makes it a bit awkward although some people don't mind it.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori