• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First Tikka!

Started by Dogwood Creek, May 08, 2007, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogwood Creek

Yeehaww, got my first Tikka yesterday. :yoyo: A 22/250 to be exact. Pretty nice shootin' iron I must say. Got her on paper with Remington Accu Tips, then moved on to 52gr A-Maxs'. She did pretty good too for a sporter pipe. I mounted a 4X-16X Weaver on her and am quite happy with the overall feel and function of the rifle. Love that single stacker clip. I figure with a little TLC and a cooler day, she will do a little better for group size. But hey, this ain't too bad in my estimation. There are some whistle pigs in trouble around here after haying time! :wink: Anybody ever look into extra clips? I was currious what an extra clip or two would cost. That would be a super handy and quiet way to carry extra rounds in the old callin' vest. Thanks for looking her over,R.J.

Hawks Feather

R. J.

That is too good of a group for groundhogs.  I think you might need to go out and try that gun on prairie dogs. Nice setup.

Jerry

Ladobe

RJ -

That group ought to get er done.   Didn't think you gents in New England could shoot far enough on average to need a 22 Varminter though.    :wink:

I think you'll be looking at around $70 each for extra T3 clips, either flush or extended.    Have seen them available several places in my world wide search for a clip the last two years.    Makes yours a whole bunnnnnnnch cheaper than mine - an extra BRNO ZKW 465 clip is around $200-$300 if you ever find one.   :shck:

Larry

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Arkyyoter

RJ.....I just sold a Tikka T3 25/06...killed a zillion yotes/cats with it and a 75  V-Max in front of 51.0 grains of IMR 4064....shot like a house on fire...nice trigger for a factory job, light and handy....an excellent choice!! If you and LB ever get to come out here, it would be a great choice.....

Joe

Dogwood Creek

Hey Jerry, Prarie dogs eh? Hmm, sounds like a good time to me.

$200 - $300 for a clip!  Sheese, I thought that was plenty for the Tikka clip. Maybe I can make do with one.

Hey Joe. A trip to Arky land still lurks in the back of my mind. If LB ever gets freed up it's a go with me. Ready and able to come down and whack some critters.

FinsnFur

Showoff  :yoyo:

Very Nice RJ  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ErictheRed

That is a nice looking rifle.  How many shots does the mag hold?

Dogwood Creek

She holds 3 rounds stacked single file.  It feeds flawlessly.

HaMeR

Nice rig RJ!! Between that & those killer calls you're makin there's gonna be some hurtin yotes in PA.  Congrats & Enjoy It Safely for many years!! :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Well, it ain't no Rem. 722 in 222, but it looks like it might fit the bill. :laf:

Is that the Weaver V-16 w/ the dot reticle? I have that on my Rem. 722 in 222.  :sneer:

How about we do a hunt swap?  :biggrin:  I'll trade a g'hog hunt in OH for a g'hog hunt in PA. :wink:

Ladobe: haven't ya ever heard of the 'bean fields in PA? :eyebrownod: In fact I believe that's were the 22Varminter came about. ;yes; Between you & me I don't know of to many people that call it that? :wo:

Dogwood Creek

Well thank you for the well wishes Glen. Same to you old buddy. Be safe and live long my friend.

Hey V.V, good to hear from you. I told you you needed to send me that 722 a year ago.

That is indeed a V16 Dot. Super varmint scope. I really like the easy access elevation and windage knobs.

A hunt swap eh? Hmm, sounds interesting. Let me check out my old haunts. Some of them are housing developments now. I have been thinking about suggesting the very same thing to you one day soon.Great minds do indeed think alike.

Yep, my career longest kill on a g-hog here in PA is 557 yds. I used to live behind a varmint scope in the late 80s early 90s. Used to carry one of two 6mm Remingtons. Either a #1 Ruger Varmint, or a 700 VS Remington. 63gr custom benchrest bullets and fixed 12x scopes were the order of the day then. We do have some long fields here, but houses keep popping up in the way these days. I'll check it out and give you a hoot as to the prospects of a fruitfull hunt. Lying in the shade on a field edge swatting gnats and shooting the shit. Sounds like heaven to me.

TNyoteboy

Bought a Tikka Whitetail Hunter in 7mm Rem mag a few years ago. Very slick action and a good shooter. You'll like it.
Great hunter...Yes?....Yessss
Fine figure of a man?....Yes
That is all you need to know...for now!