• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Savage Mod 10 full camo...

Started by Coulter, June 25, 2007, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Have any of you guys tried this gun out yet? I am in the market for a good coyote rifle (and occasional fox) and am seriously thinking about this rifle. I'm not jumping into anything to quickly though. I found one in .22-250 at a local shop. I'm driving out to another tonight to see what they have on hand. I'm not a big fan of Savage Arms, but this one may just be sweet to resist.

Steve

Roundman

Coulter
I don't know about the model 10 but I have owned two Savages. This was before the Accu Trigger came out and both rifles were shooters. The savage may not have the best fit or finish but for the money they are a heck of a gun. I have also owned one 22-250 (Winchester Stealth). Most people that have owned one including myself will tell ya it's a smoken hot round.

The best carry rifle for me so far is the model 7 Remington in .223 . It's light and easy to point and great to carry. Just my .02 cents.

Mike

Coulter

Thanks for the info Mike...I also have a Savage 111 in 7mm that shoots pretty good. It is an older version as well without the accu-trigger. The mod 10 Predator has some nice features on it, but I found a rifle that I couldnt pass up for the price tonight. It is a Ruger No 1 in .22-250, this is what I was thinking about getting in the first place. When I found this used one on the shelf in perfect condition I couldn't pass it up...$575 out the door. I can't wait to shoot her. The Savage Predator will have to wait. They also had a beautiful Remington in .218 Fireball, but it was just a bit out of my price range for now. Maybe next time.

Steve

Rick223

I bought my son a model 10 in .243 with the accu trigger it shot 1" groups with 85 grn seirra hpbt its a pretty good shooter.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

KySongDog

I have a Savage model 10 in .243 also. I really like that accu trigger.  Its light and very accurate with 80 grain ammo. 

awh

We have two savages but neither are the mdl 10. They along with everyone I have shot does extremely well out of the box.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

arse

I just bought one in .223.  I will pick it up on Wed.  When I get to the range, I will give you a report.

Bopeye

Quote from: arse on July 16, 2007, 11:30:02 AM
I just bought one in .223.  I will pick it up on Wed.  When I get to the range, I will give you a report.

Hey, your back. It's good to see ya coming around..........I missed ya man.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free