• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

221 Fireball CZ Rifle

Started by caller223, August 19, 2007, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caller223

Didn't get a chance to shoot it yet, but here is the little CZ 527 American model in .221 Fireball.  Super little gun, stuck a older leupold 3-9 vari x 2 on it.
2nd batch of 223 brass formed and trimmed to .221 so ready to go on nice day.  Cases formed up easy in size die with expander button removed, made little case holder while cutting to length on bandsaw, then final trim with Lee case trimmer tool using 22 hornet rod.
Richard Grantham

Hawks Feather

Do you notice much difference in the neck wall thickness when you are forming them from the .223 brass?  Or are you using "better" brass to start with?

Jerry

FOsteology

Richard,

I think you're really going to enjoy the CZ 527. Everyone I've ever had has shot very well. The Fireball is also a neat varmint caliber.

Montana Hunter

I just picked up my 1st CZ last week :biggrin:-should have it out to the range later this week!  The fireball is a great choice I think your gonna really like it! :yoyo:  Let us know how it shoots.  I will try to post some pics here of mine as well.  I got a 527 varmint in 204 ruger. Greg

HaMeR

Nice rig!!  :thumb2:

I really like my CZ American FireBall too. It shoots little tiny groups at 100yds with a 50gr Sierra BlitzKing, WSR primer & 18.6grs of Re7. The OAL is 1.930".  Most FireBalls I've read about like between 18.5 & 18.7grs of Re7. HTH
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

awh

Do they offer factory ammo for this? I've been out of reloading for many moons and I like the specs i read on this caliber. Think it would be a good one for Cam to receive at Christmas this year. :biggrin: (Wife said I can't have any more guns for a while, soooo :innocentwhistle:)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FOsteology

Yes, there's factory loads available. Although, very limited.

Nosler Custom Ammunition has the following:

40gr. Ballistic tip
50gr. Ballistic tip

And Remington has:

50gr. Accutip Boat Tail

The Nosler ammo is $45+ per box of 50
The Remington is $23 per box of 20

caller223

Many thanks for all the posts.   Will check neck thickness- really need to shoot and see neck expansion, if enough to drop bullet in fired case its good.
I think the fireball is made for reloads, cost per shell is very low, I havae lots of 224 bullets and rel 7 and lilgun are made for this caliber.
I consider it a Super Hornet,  couple hundred feet velocity or more in a cheap reformed case and only 13 to 18 grain powder makes for cheap shooting.
Fos good to see posts,  I haven't made it down to Richards in Seguin for awhile.

Richard Grantham