• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

T/C 50 cal Omega with Nikon BDC

Started by torasperry, October 17, 2008, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torasperry

Anyone have first hand information on sighting the above combination, I'm told that 250 gr bullet w/150gr powder is the best way to sight in, I have both, American Powder and T/C 250 & Power belt  250 gr bullets.
Anyone who shoots this combination, I would appreciate your feedback. Muzzleloader season opens on Nov 1 for me, so I need to get going on sighting this combination in.
Thanks in advance

Regards
Bob
R.A. (Bob) Sperry
TED NUGENT IS MY PRESIDENT!

FinsnFur

Never got into the muzzle loading myself, I wouldnt be much help. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Hi Bob. This is just my opinion but the 150gr charge isn't exactly needed & I'm sure you know the best loads aren't always at the top of the book. With that being said are you using just the pellets? If so I would start at 100grs & go up from there using the 30 & 50gr pellets in different combinations & worl up to the 15ogr loads. If loose powder is being used I would start at 90grs by VOLUME,, not weight,, & increase the charge by 5 or 10 grs. I am using a 250gr copper bullet with a poly tip & 110grs of loose 777fffg powder. I get 1 1/2" @ 100yds off the bags at the bench. These are just my opinions of course. Maybe someone else will chime in too.

HTH
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

The Nikon BDC scope is set up to use that load. 150 gr powder w/250 gr bullet. When you sight it in at 100 yds, it has the graduated marks for farther targets. If you use a lighter powder load, the scope will be off at the farther targets.

cb223

I shoot this set up also almost. I have that scope on a Knight that has the same barrel length as the TC. From the shooting I have done the BDC is right on with a hundred yard zero.

I shoot 150 gr's 777 and 250 gr TC shock wave bullets.

When I bought this gun scope combo I bought it for 1 reason farther shots in a non rifle zone. So 150 gr charge was a must. I just tried different bullets till I found the one that shot well. I thought 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards was good for a muzzle loader.

When I was at the gun club trying all the different bullets everyone kept telling me just download it a little and your groups will tighten up. I refused to listen. I figured I could find a bullet that shot good with a max charge. I'm glad I didn't listen.

This is my goto gun for deer. I even take it if hunt in a rifle zone. I LOVE THIS GUN SCOPE COMBO!!!!
CHAD