• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spiced peaches

Started by coyote101, August 03, 2016, 07:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I've been doing a lot of canning in the past few weeks. Tomatoes, salsa, dill pickles, bread & butter pickles, zucchini relish, green beans, and peaches so far. Today, while canning more peaches, I decided to try a few quarts of spiced peaches. I don't know how they will taste, but it sure smelled good while canning them.  :thumb2:

Four quarts of spiced peaches:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

Here are some of the dill pickles:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Drooling on my keyboard.  Man those look good, and spiced peaches sounds terrific. 

Your post pushed me over the egde.  Gotta go get some more apricots and peaches and do a cobbler or two. 

coyote101

Quote from: Okanagan on August 03, 2016, 09:28:40 PM
Drooling on my keyboard.  Man those look good, and spiced peaches sounds terrific.

I've never tried them before, but they sure smelled good while canning. Apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and a little allspice, all boiled together. If they taste as good as they smelled, I'll be canning more of them in the future. 

Pat
NRA Life Member

pitw

Well let us know how they taste cause that sounds sooooooooooooo good.  We ain't canned anything but jams.  Great job Pat.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Pat do you need me to test them so you know if they are any good and whether or not you should do it again? I mean you know, so that your not wasting your time canning something thats not worth it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 04, 2016, 05:21:16 AM
Pat do you need me to test them so you know if they are any good and whether or not you should do it again? I mean you know, so that your not wasting your time canning something thats not worth it.

And Jim would not be able to really do a good sample without at least a dozen or more jars.  You can ship them flat rate box and not spend more that $20.  Well that is unless you count the jars and the peaches.  Jim will be waiting.

Jerry

P.S.  The peaches look really good.

FinsnFur

Yeah, Jim will be waiting  :watch;
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

You know, one person can't make a fair judgment nearly as good as two people. That is why we have 12 people on a jury so...... I hereby submit myself for jury duty. It is the least I can do to ensure the peaches get a fair trial.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

nastygunz

Those peaches need a good shot of white lightning (Preservative).... :wink: