• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A good day on the water

Started by FinsnFur, June 25, 2011, 09:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

They got a public float up here by one of the dams you can go fish on. You wouldnt believe how well the fish bite out on that thing.
Bluegills, Bass, Pike, Saugers, Walleye, Catfish, it's crazy.

I got up at 4:00 this morning, got the girls up at 5:00, and we was on the road by 5:45 head for the float. :eyebrownod:

Katie's first cast she ties into this bucket mouth, holy crap I thought.

The entire day was not a whole lot different. Those girls were jerking fishing out of the water left and right.
I finally tied my pole back up. There was no way I could fish, I was too busy taking fish off the hook for the girls, and everyone out there was laughing their butts off at me, going from one girl to the other  unhooking fish. :nono: It was nuts.

Kristee decided to go after some bluegills, and then it really turned into an assembly line. Catch, unhook, fix worm....catch, unhook, fix worm...catch, unhook, new worm.
We estimated around 60, and she made me clean 24 of em.

Right when they decided they had enough, (4:00 this evening) I got time to throw a couple anyway. :biggrin:

Pretty good time sure.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Looks like the girls are the ones that catch the fish.  What else can be said?  Well, maybe that I am sure you had a great time.

Jerry

hunter724

looked like a great time.....caught some bass also today on some homemade lures......thanks for sharing the pictures....

iahntr

Looks like a REAL good time Jim.
They kept ya busy, but WAY better
then nothin biting.  :laf:
Scott

HaMeR

Now thats a heckuva day out with the girls Jim!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: 

Looks like the girls took a break & let you have a few casts there in that 3rd pic.  :innocentwhistle:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: HaMeR on June 26, 2011, 06:26:36 AM
Looks like the girls took a break & let you have a few casts there in that 3rd pic.  :innocentwhistle:

Smart Aaaaaa :innocentwhistle: :laf:

They hauled in two boat loads of those amish rejects. Man those guys were a nuisance out there. One of the kids was actually bumping pole tips with Kristee trying to get in her bluegill spot :iroll:
And even after me making rude comments, wouldnt back off.
The float owner noticed the belly rubbing, came over and managed to call em off.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Yeah they are very rude around here too.  :rolleye: :rolleye: We were in walmart one evening a couple years ago. There was a bunch of them in there. I looked at Diane & said real loud,, "LOOK DIANE!! PILGRIMS!!!!!!!!!"  :alscalls: :alscalls:  There wasn't any cuddling that night.  :nono: :nono: :laf: :laf:

I would also like to apologize Jim. I even seen your last pic & you weren't wearing a straw hat. Sorry for the confusion.  :doh2:   :alscalls: :alscalls:

Katie sure appears to be fed up with them too.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hidehunter

Looks like a good day even though the Amish ran over top of ya.
Denver                                           

coyote101

Looks like it was a great day to be out with the kids.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

shaddragger

:yoyo: :highclap: Doggone good day on the water with the kids, Jim, even with the intrusion!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Dave

Looks like a blast - except for that load of bluegills setting on the table waiting to be dealt with.  That's a lot of work.
And no comment on the amish - mama told me if I don't have anything nice to say, ....

Mucsling a kid out of a bluegill hole.   :alscalls: