• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Three Grandkids are here

Started by Hawks Feather, August 06, 2011, 11:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Well, we have three grandkids here and since they have heard Maddie (other granddaughter) talk about fishing they wanted to go fishing too.  So off we went to my secretary and her husband's pond to catch a few bluegill and let them have some fun. 

First cast in and Lily catches this one.

Toward the end the youngest caught his first fish.

Then, there was this!

Toby trying to get it to shore.  He was using a little Spiderman pole and when the fish took the bait (hotdog) it just starting taking line.  I cranked up the drag and it kept going.  I finally had the drag as high as it would go, but Toby still had trouble.  At about 5 minutes he said, "Grandpa, I need help."  With that little pole and reel, it was all I could do to get it a little tired so that he could finish bringing it in.  He was pretty impressed with himself.

After it was out, Toby wasn't too interested in getting close enough to be in a picture.  So, while Becky took the picture, Mrs. Nutter held Toby in the picture.

Needless to say, we had a great time.

Jerry

coyote101

Looks like great fun Jerry. Glad you were able to get out with the grandkids.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

That's Great Jerry!!!!

I really like the hats! It's a nice touch, and if I remember that age, I always want to be lke Grandpa.  :congrats:

Bills Custom Calls

It don't get any better then that  :congrats: :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Thats a heck if a cat to land on a spider man pole. :congrats: :congrats:
I still havent got anything that big on mine :sad:

Looks like grampa enjoyed himself just as much as the kids did. And what a way to do it :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Looks like the kids had almost as good a time as their grandpa.   :eyebrownod:

Nice pics and thanks for sharing.  Looks like some personal bests were established that day too.   :congrats:

HuntnCarve

Way to go Granpa!  Looks like fishing is going to be a regular past time for Granpa and the kids.  What a wonderful way to spend the day! :highclap:

coyotehunter_1

That looks like some really good “me and grandpa” stories in the making. :highclap:
Many fond memories for both the young ones and granddad.  :congrats:   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

iahntr

Some nice fish,
and a great time by all.  :congrats: :congrats:
Scott