• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got northen pike last week, sockeye today. Good week!

Started by Okanagan, August 18, 2011, 02:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Last Friday I got to do some fishing for northern pike & lake trout in Northern Saskatchewan.  Today, Wed. I got out for sockeye for the first time and got one.  Our second best pike in the pic below.

The river is so high I had to use my kayak to get to a fishable gravel bar this evening.  Female sockeye, kind of narrow, but mighty tasty.  I phoned my wife on the way home and she asked, "Can we eat it tonight?"  We ate half of it. 

The water is so high that very few people are fishing.  Photo below is from last August.   That same sand and gravel bar where the people were standing and vehicles parked has 6 or 8 feet of fast flowing water over it, well up into the brush and trees on the bank behind the people.  I scrambled the face of the only guy close to the camera, though he is a stranger to me.  (Added edit:  That is weird.  It is scrambled in photobucket but shows up clear when I paste it.  It will not let me edit out the face. 

Okanagan

Weird!  Now 8 hours later finally the guy's face in the photo is blurred as I intended.  Guess I don't know how photobucket works.

Was fun fishing anyway, even if there weren't many sockeye.  I caught the only one I saw caught.  Four guys came over and fished by me when they saw me land it.    ON my way in a fellow was coming out with one, and at the boat take-out a man told me that he and four others had fished most of the afternoon evening and caught two.

slagmaker

Few fish but a lot of good time. I will take that day any day of the week.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

If you blurred it on Photobucket, it was most likely blurred the entire time....but appeared NOT to be to you at first cause you already had the unblurred image from Photobucket in your cache. :wink:

That looks like an awesome way to spend some time. I love the comments from the wife :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 18, 2011, 09:47:07 PM
If you blurred it on Photobucket, it was most likely blurred the entire time....but appeared NOT to be to you at first cause you already had the unblurred image from Photobucket in your cache. :wink:

So how do I empty my cache so I can see for sure what is in Photobucket, without waiting till the next day or whatever time it takes for my cache to catch up with reality?  Just now playing around with photobucket, I tried exiting everything, deleting temporary internet files and even shutting off and restarting the computer but the image I had edited on photobucket stayed unchanged on my screen. 

FinsnFur

When your looking at the web page itself just insist that the browser call it directly from the server instead of the cache by holding the Control key down (ctrl) and pressing F5
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

Thanks for posting Ok.  You got to love that combat fishing.  Nice Red though, grilled with some grilled pepper relish and your in business.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.