• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Maddie is back for a vacation

Started by Hawks Feather, July 24, 2017, 09:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Some of you who have been here for a few years know about my granddaughter Maddie.  She is doing pretty good since the last transplant and only has some lingering effects from the chemo, radiation, and meds.  But she has been here for a few days and one of the things that she always wants to do is go fishing.  Actually it is ‘go catching’ since this is my former secretary and her husband’s pond which they enjoy feeding.  Remarkable what a hot dog will do when fish are used to eating them.  She was out the other morning and caught 40 bluegill and her cousin caught 70.  Tonight she only wanted to go after the big fish, but after these two went back to catching about 30 bluegill. If you look at her hands and arms that is the kind of muscles you get from reeling in big fish.   :wink:

JohnP

Jerry that is great news, I can remember her from many years ago.  Glad she is doing well.  I noticed that she has gotten married since her last visit. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Wonderful news Jerry!  That smile says it all.  God bless that young lady for all she's gone through.  Hope she gives Jim a run for his money when it comes to fishing. :wink:

Dave

Dave

That's great Jerry - what a beautiful granddaughter.  Looks like she's having a lot of fun!
You need to introduce her to yard work, though, to toughen up those tender little hands.

pitw

Fishing can bring a frin to anyones face but her grin works just as well.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

That's awesome Jerry. She looks to be growing like a weed with an infectious smile.  :biggrin: Thanks for sharing.

KySongDog

A beautiful smile and some nice fish too.   Glad she is doing well, Jerry. 

coyote101

We've been praying for Maddie for a long time.  God bless her and her grandpa.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Wonderful update.  What a smile!

riverboss

Great news. Beautiful smile!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

I love it....love it. This whole thread made my day!
Awesome fish Maddie. You done good.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com