• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

reloading

Started by 220swift, November 16, 2009, 10:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

220swift

I went to an auction for the Kiwanus about a month ago. They had some stuff that you bid on by putting down your bid on a card by the item. My son in law ask me if I was going to bid on the box full of reloading hardware? It was in a box under a table and I had not seen it. I looked at it and put a bid of 20 bucks because I didn"t need it. Nobody else bid so it was mine. There was 6 sets of dies , a press , powder scales, case trimer, and a few other things. A great buy even if I didn"t need them.

pitw

Good buy  :yoyo:.  What kind of press and scales?  What dies?  Man it feels good to get them deals every once in a while eh.
I say what I think not think what I say.

5 SHOTS

Now that is an excuse to get more guns.......you wouldn't want them dies to go to waste would you?   :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

vvarmitr

Was there a set of 22SavageHiPower dies in there?  :wo:  :shrug:
I'm needing a set. :biggrin:

220swift

Sorry i"m late. The press and dies are all made by Herters and The case trimmer by Lyman. The dies are30-40 krag, 30-06,222, 218 Bee, 30-30. All this looks like its in new condition. I"ve tried the press and it works great but I guess i"ll stick with the old Rock Chucker.

slagmaker

Having an extra press is nice. Wish I had an extra. Thought about getting a Lee to go along with my Rock Chucker.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: 220swift on November 21, 2009, 06:08:34 AM
The press and dies are all made by Herters and The case trimmer by Lyman. The dies are30-40 krag, 30-06,222, 218 Bee, 30-30. All this looks like its in new condition.

Sounds like an "old time" reloader with a Herter's press and those caliber of dies.  Herter's made some good stuff and you got an excellent buy.

Jerry