• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

YHM Phantom 7.62 Q.D. Silencer

Started by bushmaster, March 03, 2010, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

Here it is  :biggrin:

6.8mm SPC with 150gr sierra BTSP loaded @ 950fps
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

FinsnFur

Well......   :confused:

..It sure looks sweeeeeet! :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Bushy,

Seems to be working pretty well.  I haven't heard even one of the times you have fired it.  Is this your plan of attack for when your neighbors come to visit your car again?

Jerry

bushmaster

Ya know jerry, I cant decide whether to make an impression with a loud bang or to keep a low profile with the new can.  I guess it depends on my mood when they make that mistake.

With supersonic loads its not all that quiet.  In fact it scared the hell out of my horse when i tried it out.
However, the subsonic loads have proved highly efficient in terms of stealth and penetration of stacked plywood.
The supersonic loads went from hornady 110gr VMAX @2400fps to 130gr Sierra Soft Points @2200fps

Again the Subsonic loads are 150gr Sierra Boat Tailed Soft Points @950fps. The flash holes had to be modified and the Large Rifle primers were replaced with Large Magnum Rifle primers.
Also, i substituted rifle powder with Red Dot shot shell powder. The only downside is that the rounds wont cycle in my AR; I plan on working up the load a little in an effort to accomplish that.

I would like to thank Jerry for getting me started with reloading, otherwise i would never have discovered the potential of custom loads and affordable ammunition.  The old Rock Chucker has become my favorite tool in the shop.

Recently I sold my .338 WinMag and purchased a new Remington 700 Varminter chambered in .308 with a 26" heavy barrel. It has been outfitted with a Millett 6-25x56mm scope with a 30mm tube.  When i get a little $$ I will have the barrel threaded and it will accommodate the silencer.

sims5

Man having a silencer would be cool.  That is super sweet!
Gods blessings are all around........take a second and look.

bushmaster

Getting one is fairly simple.  If you dont live in Mass. or Cali. then your good.

1) I started a trust in my name
2) Got it notarized
3) Payed $700 for the silencer
4) Submitted a Form-4 application to BATFE with $200 for NFA tax stamp
5) Have never been convicted of a felony or violent crime
6) Waited 12 weeks for ATF clearance

Hawks Feather

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the reloader.  It really is the best way to go.

Jerry