• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Quick range report on the .204s

Started by Arkyyoter, September 29, 2007, 03:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

OK guys....not a lot of time....haven't taken much time as i didn't have it!! Too busy right now to do these guns justice, but will get to them as soon as I can. Mounted scopes on Jim's gun and mine....got 'em zeroed for the hunt Monday...I havne't worked with loads...played around with three different charge weights of H4895...yes my final weight is covered up with a package so it can't be seen as it is slightly over listed max...there are NO pressure signs in these two guns...the cases and in a nice little pile....I haven't quite got mine dialed in, but Jim's gun shot this group on the 9, 10, and 11th round down the tube...it is a 35 Berger at almost 3900 fps...

I was out of targets so please excuse my redneck bullseye :) Momma is headed to town to get me some...

Here is my rifle ready to chase a yote...'cept for my bipod and sling.

I am not one to hand out flowers, but I am very impressed with this little gun....very light weight...shoots well, and a very nice trigger. This will NOT be the last rifle Danny builds for me....

OK....updated with my gun.....it averages about 20 fps slower than Jim's gun...shot these 5 rounds in less than a minute....5ht round was called DANGIT!!! I threw it away...not the gun, ME!! AAARRRGGGHHHH. At any rate I got .492 for four rouds, .737 including the called flier...I thnk when I have more time, this one will shoot too!!!

Call him, tell him ya want an "Arky Special" ...he will know just what to do!!

Thanks Danny!!

Joe

Hawks Feather

Joe,

It does look like you have a winner.  I am sure you are pleased with the targets and I am betting that the groups will shrink.

Jerry

iahntr

Looks good so far Joe.  :thumb2:
I love the gun, and would love to have one.
Just ain't got the coin right now.  :nono:
Scott

Todd Rahm

Well just happens I want an AR, but toying with the which projectile I wanted.  :biggrin:

What ya think those .204's would do to a fox?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

:sneer: Pretty clever, and now that ya mentioned..yes it is their logo.
I thought maybe it had something to do with representing law enforcement.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Crap!....I just replied to your post by editing yours!
Holy crap, first time I ever did that.  :rolleye: Sorry bud  :laf: I must be getting tired.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim "I must be getting tired."

That is what happens when you WORK!   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

FinsnFur