• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What shot gun??

Started by 1der, December 22, 2008, 07:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1der

I'm thinking about a new 12Ga.(auto???) What is working good for you?
1der

PS: What barrel length

Hawks Feather

I have a 40+ year Browning that still works great, but also have a Benelli that I like as well.  I think most of the current guns are pretty well put together and I would look more for fit than anything.  As for the barrel length there are some that will say you need a longer barrel for a tighter pattern, but that usually pertained to fixed choke guns.  With the screw in chokes you can put a turkey choke in a 26 inch barrel and get a pretty good pattern.  If you are going for long range ducks and geese you are going to need the advice from someone else.  I haven't hunted them in quite a few years, but when I did it was all "jump shooting" and I used the Browning with a modified choked barrel.

Jerry

KySongDog

I have a camo Benelli Super Black Eagle w/ a 24" barrel that I am very happy with.  Its great in the turkey woods but I've also used it for doves up to coyotes.  It handles 2 3/4 up to 3 1/2 shells without having to adjust O rings, etc.  Kinda pricey but I've had it over 10 years and think it was worth the money for a do all shotgun. 

If I was in the market for a new shotgun, I would definitely buy the 24" SBE II w/ the steady grip.  It just feels great when I shoulder it.  You won't go wrong with a Benelli.

1der

That shotgun should do the job, BUT at the price, ouch!!! $1400.00+??? to rich for my blood.
1der