• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rocks

Started by 5 SHOTS, November 22, 2010, 08:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

These rocks are laying all over out here. A person could fill a pickup with them in a couple of days. I thought some of you might find them interesting.

It is a little harder to find them the last few days though. Sorry about the blurry pix, it was a bit chilly outside.

About 4 to 6 inches and more expected.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Those are wild looking. Both my daughters would go nuts if they found those. They are still intrigued with all the fossil jibber.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Neat fossils and (thanks to the last picture) can understand why they are gone.  Keep that white stuff away from here.

Jerry

5 SHOTS

I see them almost everyday so I don't pay a lot of attention to them, but I have noticed at least 4 different types of shells. The clam shell looking things are common, from little ones just a little bigger than sand to some bigger than the ones in the pix. There are 2 kinds that look like snails, both the short, narrow ones and the long pointed kind, and a thing that looks like a long tapered tube. The clam shells are usually all about the same size each rock.

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Bill or Barry should be able to identify some of those shapes.  :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

You are now living in what once was a sea floor.  Maybe one day it will be again.    :shrug:

slagmaker

Thems cool pics.  That last one is a warning for things to come I think.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bambam

cool fossils !!  My daughter would love those.

lacie23

Wow those are really neat !!  Better than the ones we find around here.

pitw

Jim -1, Bill and Barry - still to come :wink:.

Art is right about the truckload as I think that's how many Donny brought home from there. :pout:  I've never saw anything like it in my life and we got badlands just South of me a way's with all kinds of dinosaur fossils. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: pitw on November 22, 2010, 05:36:21 PM
Jim -1, Bill and Barry - still to come :wink:.
with all kinds of dinosaur fossils. 

I think I remember when those dinosaurs died there  :laf: :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

vayotehowler

they are a type of brachiapod it looks like and those are huge , I would pick em all up and see what they are worth on ebay to fossil collectors. my grandad found a rock on our mtn and my teacher in kindegarten husband was a paleantologist and kep about  60   % of that rock . obviousy some new species never seen before. those are huge never seen em that big before, brachipods are prehistoric clams , guess most already knew that around here bout the sice of nickel or quarter

5 SHOTS

Those in the pix are about the size of your palm but I have seen some almost twice that size. I found a fossill that looked like a large lobster tail as I walked up, but turned out to be a snail like shell.

vayotehowler

they are really awesome . I would keep em when i found em . they are reallty cool, found a rock athe creek that had em when was akid and about as big as my thumbnail

msmith

Cool pics Art!  :yoyo: I about hurled when I saw the last one though  :puke: Was 74 degrees here yestedy.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

alscalls

Way Cool! Thanks for sharing that....... :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FozzyBear

It been all rain hear sence 11 / 22 / 10 and it is raing now. I got 7 in. of rain os fair. And glad to see it !!!!  :yoyo: :highclap:

5 SHOTS

They are out plowing our "rain" for the fourth time since I posted the pix.  :rolleye:  :shrug: