• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Logan (6) Dove hunting ....Good time!

Started by alscalls, September 05, 2010, 08:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Logan wanted to go Dove hunting with his uncle AL so we went in search of some land to hunt this week....... A local farmer along the Ohio river was shelling corn so we asked could we bring little logan back on Sat. to hunt and without hesitation.... and never seeing us before in his life he said...... "YOU BET CHA! "  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
I could not thank him enough for the opportunity and he said you just see to it that boy has a good time and be sure and ask my neighbors permission as well!
Then he asked Logan....... "son your a bit small to use a shotgun just yet.......What Are you hunting with??"  Logan said my BB gun..... The farmer smiled and said..... " You go right ahead and have fun..... Come back and see us anytime!"
So Sat. came and Logan had a Soccer game so we went on an evening hunt.
We ran into some goose hunters, one of which worked for the DNR and they really got a kick out of Logans rig...... :laf:
We had a great time seeing a bunch of deer, Geese, and Doves....... and though Logan tried his best to get one with his red ryder BB gun ..... He came up empty . So he asked me and his dad to shoot some........and we did.... :biggrin:
Logan insisted he was going to eat them.......I told him we gotta clean em first......He said my mom will..... :nono:  So me and Logan dressed the birds and he was still insisting he was gonna eat em......so I sent him home with em.
A couple of hours later I got a very excited phone call........ UNCLE AL!!!! I ate doves!!!!!!  And they are real good!!! We gotta go again!!!!   YOU BET BUDDY!!!!!!
I hope to have a present for the farmer that took the time out of his day to make this kids hunt a remediable one...... I just dont know what to make him yet..........and my list is still fairly long........ But I will think of something....He dont know I make calls yet.......And I wanna surprise him... :eyebrownod:

My 6 yr. old nephew Logan...... and his Red Ryder BB gun..... :laf:

The corn shelling was done for the day and the truck was picked up just before dark....... :eyebrow:  Kinda helps the hunting a bit......  :biggrin:

Our homemade bamboo decoy tree (3 piece)..... :laf:

My little buddy with the first dove of the night......

What a great time.......  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Great story Al and the pics were just a huge bonus :yoyo:.  He will be in trouble at school cause he'll always be looking out :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

WldWldWest

The look on that little fellers face say's it better than you can tell it!

Now that's an Uncle!

That boy will remember that for the rest of his life, Good for you! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

HuntnCarve

Way to go Al!  That story sure tugged on the heart strings!  You sure made an impression on that young fella! :congrats:

JohnP

Proof that a picture is worth a thousand words.  No way can words describe that smile.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Silencer

good job Logan, nice lookin gun ya got there bud !!

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Jeb

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on September 05, 2010, 03:49:06 PM

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

Al, keep those pictures!!! :wink:

This picture is what it is all about !!  Good job Al and Congrats Logan, your gonna make a fine hunter !!   :congrats: :congrats:
Jeb

Todd Rahm

Lol, that's cool as all get out! Cute lilvfeller too. :congrats:

KySongDog

Great story, Al!  Thanks!   That smile on Logan's face is priceless!   :yoyo:

alscalls

I spent the whole day today ridding ATV's with this little bugger and we are leaving at 5AM for another dove shoot...
Hes gonna wear me out, but its worth it..... Sorry no pics from today as the mud/Dirt  woulda done my camera in..... :laf:

We cooked hamburgers on an open fire and just had a ball today ........ tomorrow I hope we Top it again!    :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

vayotehowler

good pics al. i took Hunter(4 now 3 last yr) out for squirrel last yr, on the way home he said guess our supper got away . laffrf the whole way home . kids are awesome

FinsnFur

Yeah, looks like he had a blast. You gonna start selling those decoy setups, you say?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

That's is soooo cool Al. thanks for sharing that!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Oops, I mean ...
:yoyo:  :yoyo:  :yoyo:  :yoyo:

Carolina Coyote

Fantastic Al and good job Logan, keep practicing with that Red Ryder and I'll bet you did enjoy the Doves.  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: cc

alscalls

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 05, 2010, 11:11:05 PM
Yeah, looks like he had a blast. You gonna start selling those decoy setups, you say?

:nono:  Just needed one so I made it.......  :wink:
AL

alscalls

Well We had a Great time all weekend and yesterday we were gonna take a LOT more pics when ......My camera broke... :sad:
I did manage to get two pics before it broke.....

We went early...... real early about 1 1/2hrs. drive south of here just to dove hunt..... :eyebrownod:  and the boy never complained ......nor did he once want to quit..... :nono:

the dove tree went up early.......

And this my friends is the most dedicated hunter I have ever met...... :hahaha:
AL

FOsteology

vvarmitr

How can ya not help but take a boy like that hunting!  ;yes;