• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

heading out bowfishing

Started by topdawg, May 21, 2010, 01:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

well we are getting ready to head down to Kentucky lake to do a little bow fishing...... i will be taking my video cam, so if the bighead carp are up and i can get the vid on youtube....yall can watch it ...check back tomorrow  :eyebrow:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

KySongDog

Sounds like fun, topdawg.  Good luck.  And looking forward to that video!

coyote101

Go get 'em Jeremy. Have fun and be safe.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

We'll be waiting for the video. Good luck Jeremy. :yoyo:

Pat,  Good pic on the avatar too.

topdawg

sorry guys no vid today ....we ended up with 15 bigheads but they were to deep to get on vid...  we are going back again tonight maybe it will be better, nothing else ill have a few pics for yall to look  at in the morn.  :shrug:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

topdawg

went back last night, didn't have any luck. i going to give it a week or two and go try it again .....i usually dont start shooting the bighead carp till about mid June but my buddy had the bow fishing fever so we tried it ......

just give me a little time ...and ill have more carp pics on here than u will want to look at lol

KySongDog

Do you eat them, Jeremy?   Some say they are good to eat.   :wo:

topdawg

they say if you pressure cook them and add certain seasonings you can get them to taste like tuna..... i think if i want tuna ill get a can of tuna.....they have slime like shad, they smell like shad, so to me they would have to taste like shad  :puke:

topdawg

if you want u can go with me the next time i go out, and kill u a few to bring home to cook :shrug:

FinsnFur

Speaking of Shad, I dated a girl once that.......

.......nevermind  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: topdawg on May 24, 2010, 05:41:35 PM
if you want u can go with me the next time i go out, and kill u a few to bring home to cook :shrug:

I might take you up on that but it will be late next month before I will be able to go.   The bighead carp is a food fish in Asia.  I might try it if it was cooked right.   I've eaten Rocky Mountain oysters and some folks would   :puke: .    :eyebrownod:

slagmaker

If you take them out of cold water they are quite good. But after the water starts warming up they loose a lot of taste.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

shaddragger

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 24, 2010, 07:24:00 PM

.......nevermind  :innocentwhistle:

HEY HEY  :huh:
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

topdawg

late next month is ok by me ...me and my buddy both have boats set up so there should be room for ya semp

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 24, 2010, 07:24:00 PM

Jim,

Look at the last letter in Shad.  It is a d not a g.  I am sure you were thinking of shag with that girl.

Jerry

KySongDog

Jerry, I think he was referring to something fishy in her nether regions.    :puke:   :alscalls: