• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Went to an ag expo today.

Started by pitw, March 03, 2010, 07:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Went to an Ag Expo in Lethbridge today in order to do some learning.  These things draw a lot of people so we got there at the opening bell cause I wanted to talk with 6 different outfits.  I use these events to learn more about chemicals and crop protection but Mandy was interested in one new chemical put out by Syngenta and the idgits they have hired to run there booth hadn't even heard of it :doh2:.  Other than that I got a quote on a new post frame shop 32' x 54' x18'.  14' x 16' door, R28 wall and R40  roof insulation with a 8' mezanine at the end.  $41,889.  Learned about a chemical combination from Dupont that I believe one of my best customers will like.  Saw a lot of new equipment and thought I'd post a few pics for you.

This fellow has helped me become the operator I am today.

This auger is 13 inch's in diameter and 90' long.

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

FinsnFur

A Hutterite you say?
What would he be doing at an Ag Expo? Eyeballing the ergonomic rakes? :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Actually there are some really forward moving colonies of Hutterites.  There were three different colony's there with their wares from the manufacturing side of things.  Many different ways to run a colony and I get stuck with the thieving, lying and wrong kind :rolleye: :pout:.  On the other hand it might have been a good thing as My old man stuck them big time selling his land to them in '80 :biggrin:.

KySongDog

I thought the Hutterites didn't like having their picture took.   :shrug:   They are sorta like the Amish and Mennonites, right?  We have those groups here.

pitw

Semp them sneaking turds even went to the Supreme court so that they wouldn't need their pictures on a driving license[they lost].  If the program works in favor of the Hutterites they are all for it but against anything that doesn't benefit them.  Funny but most of them had cameras there :innocentwhistle:

alscalls

Sounds like you and Bill have some of the same issues..... :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Jimmie in Ky

A menonite isn't beyond taking a few photos and building what he wants from scrap himself. How the heck you think the order got so rich  :nono: One of the best small engine mechanics I ever met was a menonite. The order closed him down because he was too succesful and others were not making any money. Crappy deal if you ask me. I lost a darned good mechanic. Since that time I won''t deal with one.

I have never seen an ag show down here with that amount of equipment. Now a few auctions , yep . Jimmie