• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bad, bad news from Possumal

Started by possumal, September 29, 2009, 08:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Fellows and gals, I am so tired that I can hardly type this, but here goes.  Sometime between 12:10 a.m. this morning and 4:50 a.m. two nice guys broke in our home on the end where my "Mancave" is located (converted attached garage), and stole my Nikon Coolpix camera, my wallet and all I.D. and credit cards, all my guns, and then had the audacity to go through the house down the hall right past both my bedroom and my wife's, with the door open in both, into my lit up office, and stole my cellphone and charger, and then came back down the hall, and took my wife's handbag, and brought it back into my "Mancave", dumped everything in it into my recliner and stole her wallet and I.D. and all credit cards and her check book, and naturally all money in both wallets. When she got up at 4:50 to go fix coffee, she saw the back door open and thought maybe I was up and had gone out to my shop to get some tools, wood, etc., which I do pretty regularly, so she opened the door into my mancave, and saw that the venetian blind on the window they came in was up at an angle, and the front door was standing open. She knew something was bad wrong then, so she came back down the hall to get me up, but I was just coming down that way anyway. 

Last night was the first night in over 3 weeks that I slept over 3 hours, and there was no way they could be sure my schedule if you could call it that. To think they were brazen enough to come through the house knowing that the craziest possum to ever carry was in there blows my mind.  The Browning Abolt silent stalker with the 4 x 16 x 50 Bushnell Elite has been responsible for over 600 coyotes out of my total kill over 17 years, and the other two were never hunted with, the T/C Encore Pro Hunter 204 and the Stoeger Model 2000 12 guage.   I hope the police at least get that 243 back as it was recovered once before after a break in.

I wish the Good Lord would just let me catch the sorry bastards .      I'll be on trial if I do.  :argh: :argh:  I burglar proofed all the windows today and the man is coming tomorrow to install a security system, and I am installing a deadbolt into the door leading into the kitchen.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Sorry to hear this Al. Unfortunatley I believe this is just the beginning. Scumbags gotta get their fix money from somewhere & who better to target than the working man.

BTW-- Get a gun safe.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

golfertrout

sorry man.  hope you find your goods.

coyote101

Sorry Al. Hope they catch the sorry bastards.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

:rolleye:  :rolleye:  :rolleye: I sure am sorry to hear that, hope they're caught.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Tikaani

Sorry to here about this Al.  I hope they retrieve your stuff.  The thought that they came in to your house while you lay a sleep is unnerving.  My dogs would have been sounding the alarm had they approached my driveway.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Jeb

Lowest scum on the  :argh: :argh:  planet !! Al Im sorry to  hear this happened to you bud. I hope the thieves will get caught soon and you get everything back. I got broke into years ago while at work, lost my first gun plus alot of others not counting new tv, exwifes jewerly ect.
                                        Jeb

KySongDog

Sorry for your loss, Al.    :argh:     Sounds like drug addicts.   Professional burglars usually don't target occupied houses.   At least the sorry bastards didn't harm you or your wife while you lay a sleep.   The stuff you lost is really just stuff and can be replaced.   I know there is some sentimental value and that can not be replaced.   What is important is that you and your lady were not harmed.   

possumal

I have a good idea who did it because of certain details I won't divulge here or anywhere while the investigation is under way.  It took some definite knowledge to come in exactly the way they did and that's all I can say at this point.  There was no way they could have known I wouldn't be laying there half asleep with my piece cocked and ready.  I agree with the drug connection as a lot of those kinds of breakins have happened in our subdivision for the whole 14 years we have lived here.  This was a targeted deal for particular goods.

Our little Shihtzu is nearly 15 and I doubt she ever woke up.  She sleeps on her pallet in the living room with one lamp on, as she won't sleep in a dark room, never would. First dog I ever heard of that was afraid of dark.  I sure wish I had not been more or less forced into getting rid of my yellow black mouth curs, as they would have raised enough hell to wake the dead .
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

Sorry to hear about the break in Al :sad:.  In both our country's we need a little rearanging of the justice systems so they work. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Sorry to hear of this Al ! It's scary when they get that "bold"
to do what they did with you in the house. Glad nobody got
hurt ! Hope ya nail the suckers, and get your stuff back.
Scott
Scott

JohnP

Damn Al, I'm sorry to hear this.  Hope they catch the SOB's and swift and harsh justice is handed out. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bushmaster

Ya know, this is friggin' rediculous!!!!!!! :argh: :argh:  My first gun was recently stolen as you may recall.  Watch out Al, the bandits came back to my house!! Unfortunately the mrs removed the other weapons from the house after the first incident and i was forced to engage them with a fire poker. hopefully (God willing, they will have screwed up enough to get caught)  SORRY MAN :rolleye:l
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Silencer

dammit Al, I hope you get the scumbags !!!!  :argh:

Hawks Feather

Like the others here, I hope that those responsible are caught and your firearms returned.

Jerry

vvarmitr

:argh:   :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:
To bad you didn't catch 'em in the house!  :innocentwhistle:

However, on the other hand I thank God that you & the Missus weren't bodily harmed. :whew:
Sure will be praying for ya in this. :wink:

possumal

Rest easy, fellows, but I am awfully thankful for your good wishes and concerns.  There are things I won't even print here at this point, with the investigation ongoing, but let's just say I was broken into about ten years ago, and I put the police on the right perps, and I was spot on correct and they caught the bastard.  I got all my guns back except one pistol that time and the cash and jewelry he stole.  That was a day time job, done by someone with a record and a m.o. of only breaking into people's houses he was familiar with.   

I have it narrowed down to one of two scenarios, and the police know what I think.  There were only two people in this world that knew I had sold my Ruger 357 carry piece, and it therefore wouldn't be in the bedroom with me as per usual.  One was my grandson, and I will eliminate him quickly as a suspect, but the other sorry bastard either did it or was part of it.  I am either blessed or cursed by total recall of how things are arranged in my world, especially in my "Mancave" and this same person was familiar with certain elements.  I would venture an educated guess that he did the actual burglary and his accomplice rushed the stuff out the front door into their vehicle and gone.  More later, get your popcorn and cold drink of choice.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

I hate a thief.  :argh:

Hope the police catch the scumbag(s) and recover your property.

possumal

Quote from: HaMeR on September 30, 2009, 09:34:42 AM
Catch em & fry the bastards!!

Got any instructions on how I can fry 'em with a load of 12 guage magnum duplex shells, made by Remington, part 4 shot and part 6 shot?  Can I fry'em in a deep fry cooker after cutting them up with my tablesaw?   :roflmao: :roflmao: I'm too old and fragile to actually fight them, but I can still pull a trigger or swing a piece of lead pipe or a ball bat. Hell, when mad as a marsupial can ever be, I might be able to get two of the sorry pieces of dog shit with one blast.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff