• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

some greenheads

Started by BigB, November 18, 2009, 06:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

It's been raining a bunch around here, and lots of areas are flooded.  We took advantage of a flooded area this morning.

here was our setup.  The picture was facing downwind.  There are woods behind us, and a mowed strip of grass between the woods and a strip of willow trees.  When it floods, there is a stream of water that connects the woods to the willow strip right where the decoys are.  I saw some mallards in this stream a few weeks ago, so decided to set the dekes there.  With the water flowing, the decoys had some good motion.

The birds would fly over us, and with a little bit of calling, swing around and land on either side of the decoys.  It worked perfect.  Everything worked just like it was supposed to all morning.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

FinsnFur

I knew there was a reason you were making ducks calls. :eyebrow: :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Looks like some greenhead for Thanksgiving @ Brian's house!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Hey, those look like the Mallards that are missing from the pond at the golf course. . . . . . .

Jerry

Coulter

Nice brace of greenheads Brian...you gotta love it when a plan comes together like that. Good to see another duck hunter on here too...maybe if we get some more we can petition Jim to change the name to Fins - Feathers and Fur Forums...Or maybe not, that doesn't seem to have a ring to it.

Steve

Todd Rahm

Well atleast they are photobucket pics and I can see them.  :biggrin:

Its a nice treaser for a fella who couldn't find anyone to take him duck hunting.  :nono:

Mallardsr

Big B, Nice mallardos you got there! Do you turn acrylic also?

BigB

I've made a few acrylic calls so far.  The top call is the one pictured with the mallards.

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Awesome !! Congrats on the Green !!!   I've been waiting to get some greenheads myself.   Maybe this weekend ???  Hunting a new farm with a large swamp next to corn fields.   

JohnP

One of the things I miss about living in the desert is the duck/goose hunting.  Although we do have them you have to drive from stock pond to stock pond to find them and hope that some other hunter isn't just a few minutes ahead of you.  Nice looking mallards, we have mexican brown ducks here that look almost like a hen mallard. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs