• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

kinda serious travel question

Started by Silencer, February 12, 2009, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

A co-worker of mine is traveling to Florida this weekend and was wondering about having studded snow tires on his car. 
I looked it up on the net and found that Georgia and Florida prohibit the use of studded tires.
Do most people change their tires before going ?  I cant see doing that because most of the states you travel through have terrible winter weather.
Are they really that strict down south about it ?  Will he get harassed/fined ? 

I told him them southern smokeys will nail his you know what to the wall and he'd be working on a chain gang. 

Thanks for any advice.   

coyote101

They're illegal in Kentucky too.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

cb223

They are not legal in Michigan, sometimes I wish they were.

How noticeable are they? I've never saw a set.
CHAD

Silencer

When they're new they make one hell of a sound, but once worn down and pretty much useless to help with traction they're not so noticable.   I'm betting by the time he hits the Carolina's they'll be worn down to the normal tread.

George Ackley

studded snow tires  :confused: Florida :confused:, if they go 95 south they wont see snow anywere along the trip. :shrug:

snow,,,   :roflmao:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Silencer

I tried tellin him that George.. after them ice storm in Ky I think he's scaret  :laf: 

I cant wait to hear his story about gettin ticketed  :eyebrownod: