Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

What the hay is that?  Looks like something I seen in Australia.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

Ban Nastygunz!

No one should be allowed to put such a discussing picture on this board!  :mad3:  :mad3:  :mad3:
Truly shows what a sick twisted demented mind he has w/ absolutely no regard to the peace of his fellow members!  :noway:

GAWD, I hate those things!!!!!!!!!!!!

nastygunz

WELL JUST FOR THAT !!....these babies aint sneaky like skeeters, when they bite you knows you been bit!

Quote from: vvarmitr on February 13, 2009, 09:16:31 AM
Ban Nastygunz!

No one should be allowed to put such a discussing picture on this board!  :mad3:  :mad3:  :mad3:
Truly shows what a sick twisted demented mind he has w/ absolutely no regard to the peace of his fellow members!  :noway:

GAWD, I hate those things!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORDDAL

OH LOOKY FISHIN BAIT now your think along the right lines there Nasty
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

nastygunz

****ADDENDUM- Both insects WERE killed during filming.......... :yoyo:

vvarmitr

ACKKKKKKKKK!  :madd:

Jimbo, make him stop, make him stop! :sad2:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

OK-OK ILL STOP.....after I post this one....these babies land on ya...chew their own wings off and head for hidden ground....then BITE...and you wanna talk about a welt  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

What the heck is that...and dont tell me, "the money I could be saving with Geico".
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

DEER-KEDS
Lipoptena cervi (Diptera: Hippoboscidae)

The deer-ked is an introduced species of biting fly originally found in Europe, Siberia, and Northern China. It is recorded in nature as a parasite on red deer, roe, elk, and sika deer in the Old World and on whitetail deer, elk, horses, cattle and humans in North America. Under laboratory conditions it will also feed on dogs, house mice, moles, monkeys, pigeons and domestic fowl. On humans, the deer-ked will engorge on blood in 15 to 25 minutes. The bite is barely noticeable and leaves little trace at first. Within three days the site develops into a hard, reddened welt. The accompanying itch is intense and may last 14 to 20 days. This reaction is probably the result of the body's reaction to the fly saliva. Currently, deer-keds are not known to vector diseases to humans or domestic animals.

Life History

Winged adult deer-keds are flying about in early autumn (and sometimes through December) in search of deer. As soon as the fly alights on a host it begins to burrow through the fur, shedding its wings by breaking them off close to their bases. The keds then take a blood meal, mate and after an indeterminate period the female will birth a mature larva which will begin to pupate. After birthing, the female will again feed, mate and produce another larva. It is unclear how many larvae are produced per female. 

Description

Adult deer-keds are 3.5 - 5 mm (1/8 - 3/16 inches) in length. The head, thorax and abdomen are flattened and leathery in appearance. The head and thorax are brown and the abdomen is a greenish yellow with light-brown plates on the posterior segments. Deer-ked legs are stout with large dark claws. Overall, the ked is covered with strong, dark hairs. 

Management

Deer-keds are frequently mistaken by hunters as ticks. Keds may superficially resemble ticks but the former are typically larger, highly mobile and are found on the deer belly. Ticks are attached to the skin, do not move around much and are usually found about the head and neck.
It is not necessary to control deer keds. They will not reproduce on any host other than deer and because most venison is hung in coolers or outside during cold weather the keds will not be able to move about. Hides can be placed in plastic trash bags, frozen, and the keds can then be shaken off.

nastygunz

I just happen to know that because I slept at a Best Western........ :eyebrow:

browning204

Quote from: nastygunz on February 15, 2009, 11:05:06 AM

or ate at a Taco Bell.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on February 15, 2009, 11:05:06 AM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  ROFLMAO!! :nono: