• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

-400%....

Started by centerfire_223, October 02, 2010, 09:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I finally got out and started my 2010 season off this morning.

First stand of the year, I went to a place that I have killed several coyotes in years past but this year it has grown up a little more than normal. I wasn't really satisfied of my stand location when I sat down but it has always worked out. I took out a call that I have never used before, the crack pipes twin brother. Within 5 seconds I had a really really dark coyote come blasting in running Mach IV. He came through so fast I couldn't even get the shotgun on him. As I got up on my knees to see over the little rise in the ground, I saw two more take off. So first stand of the year, 3 coyotes called up and 0 killed; -300%!

As I moved to the next stand I had a coyote barking like crazy at me. I knew these coyotes never winded me, so I was positive they had no idea as to what spooked them. I moved on down to another stand I always and low and behold it is grown up too. This farmer is going to have to do some bush hogging. Now I was in a dilemma, find another stand or call this one from on my knees. With a coyote barking like crazy at me, I choose the knees really quick.

I started this stand out with some barks and then give it a challenge howl. Boy did that piss him off, he came charging up out of the thicket and gave me a piece of his mind. If I had of been sitting down where I could have a more solid rest I could have gotten the shot. But I didn't want to take the chance on making one smarter than they already are, so I choose not to shoot. This dog stayed down there chewing me out for at least 2 minutes. I have never had a coyote out here talk so much for so long. You could really tell he was mad.

Anyway 2 stands, 4 coyotes, 0 shoots= -400%. Hopefully the next time will be better in the killing percentage. 
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

pitw

At least you are seeing them and that's the main thing. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

Exciting story!  Thanks for sharing with us!  You will get them next time.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Sounds to me like you had 400% success!   It would have been nice to pull the trigger but you had lots of action.  That's what matters, me thinks.

alscalls

Sounds like a great time!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

"The crack pipes brother" :alscalls:
I'm glad yo hear your back out Ronnie :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

A lotta action !
Sounds like fun !!
Scott

slagmaker

Sounded like you got your heart rate up at least.

Good job on getting out there!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bambam

good job man, don't think I could have held off like that !  :yoyo:

weedwalker

Sounds like a good time even though you didn't get the shot. You're gettin 'em in anyway. :yoyo:

vvarmitr

Oh well, better luck next time.  :sad:

I really lucked out & got to enjoy your tale.  :wink:
Thanks for sharing it w/ us Ronnie.  :biggrin:

Carolina Coyote

Sorry That I was not able to go with you Partner but maybe next time, we need to plan a Georgia trip, lots of Coyote sign on the Wanderosia, have trail camera pictures all over the place. It really sucks when you call them in and can't get a shot but they will still be there. cc

JohnP

You made two stands more than I have and seen four more coyotes than I have.  Sounds to me like your off to a good start.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs