• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

***** FnF Youth Holiday Drawing ****

Started by FOsteology, December 02, 2011, 08:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Once again, I managed to get a couple businesses and retailers to donate some great products for our annual FnF Youth Holiday Drawing!!!  :highclap:

In order to be eligible for the drawing, the FnF Youth will need to make a post in this thread under their own user name (and in their own words).

Should they currently NOT be a registered member, they may create a new registration. However, to keep it fair and on the "up-n-up", the newly registered youth will need to have a parent, or relative that is a current active member of FnF (minimum of 100 posts) and they must identify in this thread that individuals username.

Youth participants will need to post a short essay (minimum two paragraphs) in this thread what the Holidays are all about to them. Theme may include what is important to them, why they like this time of year the best, etc.

Youth participants that meet the above eligibility requirements will be entered in the drawing. Contest ends December 24, 2011 6pm Central time.

There will be three (3) main prizes to be given away (to be disclosed at the end of the Contest.... trust me, they're GOOD!)

In addition, all eligible entrants not drawn for one of the 3 main prizes will still receive a small token of appreciation for their contribution and participation.

Looking forward to reading the entries!!

slagmaker

As always a great thing you are doing FOs. :highclap:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Fos,

Glad to see you doing this again.  It is great for the kids and a great thing for you to do.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I dont want to fill the first three pages with appreciation posts Fos, but...awesome :congrats:.
Kudos on your part again.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

The youth of FnF have no interest in participating???  :confused:

Spike

I am really interested in the contest.  I just saw it now and saw your post, so I don't want you to shut the contest down.  I am sure that once someone breaks the ice, the whole crowed will be entering.  Thanks for posting the contest.
Dante (spike) :readthis:

Spike

I know that the holiday thing for everyone usally starts with Christmas.  Well my holiday always starts with Thansgiving.  It starts when we sit down and have a huge Thanksgiving dinner with my family.  After We talk and finish our feast, Me and my dad get packed up for Potter County.  The next morning we leave at 5:30 AM and meet my Uncles and cousins at the Plain And Fancy Diner.  After that We have a long drive to Potter.  Once we get there we get unpacked and set out for gray, red, and my favorite black Squirrels.  Then on Sunday, one of my favorite parts of it, we get our Christmas Tree!  That Monday is when buck season starts.  When we get home, We decorate our tree.  Then we wrap our presents to everyone that we are friends with.  Sometimes we get gifts for the less fortinute than us.  I love seeing all the gifts under the tree.  One of my favorite parts of it is when I get to see the look on people's faces, that how excited they are to open there presents.   Another favorite part of mine is receving the gifts from my family and frends.  I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY!

FOsteology

DEADLINE is approaching fast.

Closes this Saturday at 6pm Central.

Hidehunter

My daughter is gona enter one when she gets home from school tomorrow.  She was supposed to do it today but we forgot.  Thank You FOs, this is a great thing.
Denver                                           

Okanagan

Yes, thank you Fos for putting this together.  Don't know how I missed it but just noticed this thread.  I am trying to get hold of my grandsons tonight to have one or the other of them enter.  I have told some of their hunting stories here, posted photos of them (and some taken by them!) 

What is the age range for entries?   

FOsteology

Dave

Just want to thank you FOs for doing this for the youth here.   :highclap:

Okanagan

My 14 year old grandson just registered and has a short piece ready to enter.  I'm posting now ahead of his to verify his entry in case I'm gone when he gets approval from an administrator that authorizes him to post.  he has registered under the name Code.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

Jim, thanks!  He will probably check in tomorrow morning.  I've posted several photos he has taken, and there is one picture of Code here on Fins and Fur, when he was looking at a coon "trail" scratched in the bark of a big cedar tree.

code

The holiday season is "the most wonderful time of the year" because of al the excellent food. 
Through the eating of food, comes lots of things;  fellowship, getting to spend time with family,
and a full belly.  A glass of Egg Nog and a big slab of spiral cut ham is definitely my favorite.

All the food and hanging out with family is great, but it's easy to get sidetracked from what the
real meaning is.  Jesus coming to earth to free all the sinners who believe in Him is
some real food for thought.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FOsteology

Less than 24 hours remain. Get your entry in before the clock runs out!

Kelsi

My name is Kelsi and I am Hidehunters girl. I am 10 years old and I love Christmas time.One of my favorite things is the play at church.  I was an angel this year and my baby sister was a kitty cat. Another thing i love is geting to see my family. Some of my family lives far away and I only get to see them at chrismas time. Christmas is very busy day at our house because we have to go to Mamaw's and then Great granmas and then to Papaws. We open presents at every place so it is fun.

I think my favorite thing is going to be watching my baby sister open her new kitchen present. Its a big toy kitchen and I got her some toy pots and pans to go with it. I love to open presents to. That is one of my favorite things to. We also eat at granmas house and she always has candy and cakes and stuff she makes and it is so good. I liked the school play to. We sang Grandma got run over by a raindeer and we danced. One of the best parts is we have been watching movies at school and havnt been getting any homework. I love Christmas time.

FinsnFur

I'm lovin it :congrats:

Welcome to the site Kelsi and Code :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss