• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

***** FnF Youth Holiday Drawing ****

Started by FOsteology, December 02, 2011, 08:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

code

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FOsteology

The FnF Youth Holiday Drawing has come to a close. Thanks for all the youth that participated this year.  :congrats:

I'll need mailing information for Spike, Code, and Kelsi.
As I will be out of pocket Monday afternoon through perhaps Saturday (going down to South Texas to hunt the Muy Grande) I'll not have an opportunity to ship out the prizes until the first of the year.

Each of the three participants will receive a Columbia by Kruger Optical Timberline 8x42mm binocular.

In addition, some tasty goodies will be included with the binoculars.  :biggrin:

Thanks again, and Congratulations!

FOsteology

Here's the vital statistics:

Features:

* Fully multicoated optics
* BaK-4 for superb image brightness
* 1.2m close focus with internal center focus system
* Rugged metal body construction
* Waterproof/fogproof/nitrogen processed
* Excellent long eye relief
* Twist-up eyecups
* Protective molded case
* Textured armor for excellent grip
* COOLNECK quick release neck strap

Specifications:

* Power: 8x
* Objective: 42mm
* FOV @ 100 yds: 39' (7.4 deg)
* Close Focus: 1.2m
* Eye Relief: 18mm
* Size (mm): 140x128x52
* Weight (oz.): 24

What all that translates to is a set of solid, quality binoculars with good low-light performance and very good clarity. The resolution of detail is quite impressive. These are not small ultralights, but standard size binoculars with a great feel to them. The adjustments are smooth. There is a rubber cover for the ocular lenses, and individual objective lens covers that snap into place. Included in the package is not only the binos, case & neck strap, but also protective lens covers.

HuntnCarve

That was a real nice gesture on your part for the kids Santa FOs! :laf:
Congrats to all the youngsters for some fine stories.  Merry Christmas!

Hidehunter

WOW Fos, thats an awesome thing you have done.  Kelsi is at her momma's tonight but i just called her and she is real excited.  She gets to do all the glassing when we go doe hunting next week.  Its nice to know there are still some really good people out in the world.  I sent ya a PM.  Thank You again.

Denver  (Kelsi's Daddy)
Denver                                           

Spike

O'my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!      I just looked on the website a second ago, and I saw that all three contestents recieved a pair of great bonocs.    Fos, thank you so much for putting the whole contest together.   It is so cool that all of us were able to win bonoculors  Congrats to all of the contestents in the contest!! :congrats:  I HOPE THAT ALL FNF MEMBERS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!! :biggrin:                                                                              Spike (Dante)

Okanagan

Wow!  Those are REALLY nice prizes.

Thank you for doing this, Fos.

Cody will get a LOT of use out of those this coming year. 

code

Thank you so much Fos. Merry Christmas.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Dave

Yeah, FOs, thank you from both my kids and me for doing this.  Sarah loves hers from last year and now Dante is really stoked to have his own pair.  He was hootin and hollerin last night when he read your post!!! 
And good luck hunting the Muy Grande.

nailbender

:congrats:Relly nice thread to read. Thanks Fos! And Thanks to the kids for participating! :congrats:

iahntr

Congrats to the kids !   :highclap: :highclap:
Thanks Fos !  :yoyo:
Scott

FinsnFur

I was going to wait for all three youths to respond, but I want thank you Fos for bringing this to the members. It's an incredibly generous act that you continuously bring to the forum.

There's very few people that are even in a position to be able to offer something like this, and your generosity has had a way of making the day for some pretty special people :wink:

On behalf of all the FnF Young Guns, their parents, and the gentlemen that help to moderate this forum...I'd like to thank ya from the bottom of my heart :congrats: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 04, 2012, 09:35:34 PM
On behalf of all the FnF Young Guns, their parents, and the gentlemen that help to moderate this forum...I'd like to thank ya from the bottom of my heart :congrats: :wink:

I agree and would like to thank you guys to.  My daughter Kelsi has been out of town with her momma so hasn't been here to post herself.  Thank You so much Fos.
Denver                                           

FOsteology

My pleasure, honestly.

Packages went out this morning via USPS Priority. Kids should have them in hand by Saturday.

Hawks Feather

I think Jim summed up the feelings of all the members of FnF.  Great gesture and greatly appreciated.

Jerry

HaMeR

Congratulations to the lucky Young Guns!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Spike

Today I came out of school and dad picked me up. He said a box came in the mail for me. I knew right away what it was and grabbed the knife dad had and cut the box to open it. I felt like it was christmas again. I was so excited I had to try them out on our way home and they are awesome.  :jump:  :dance: Fos, thank's so much for the candy canes and the binoculars. tttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love them
Dante (Spike)

code

Just got my new binos FOs Thank you so much!!!

FOsteology

Glad to hear the binox made their way to you boys, and that they meet with your approval. Decent set of glass that should serve you well.

Hidehunter

Been having some internet issues and have been unable to log on.  Kelsi is at school now but Im sure she will log on when she gets home.  She got her binoculars and they are some really nice glass.  LOL she has been looking through them constantly.  She told me yesterday she could count the eyelashes on the neighbors dog.  THANK YOU so much Fos!!!!
Denver