• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

.22 ammo available

Started by Hawks Feather, April 03, 2013, 10:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I was working on the kitchen at the Fish and Game tonight and a member stopped in to help.  He was happy that he had just bought a brick (1000 rounds) of .22 LR ammo.  It only cost him $99.99 before the 6% sales tax.  Just over 10¢ per round.  I said that many years back I was upset when I paid 10¢ a round for .243 ammo.

Jerry

KySongDog

That is pretty steep.   I went with my friend today to the local candy store (gun shop).   He bought two bricks (1050 rounds) of Winchester 22lr hp for $60.00.   And I thought that was high.   :laf:

Hawks Feather

If he got two bricks (1050 in each brick) for $60 he got a really good price.  The brick that Ken bought for $99.99 was also Winchester ammo.  I bought some CCI Standard Velocity (#0032) just as ammo was starting to disappear and paid $55 per brick.  While I thought that was high, I was told that they are selling for $150 per brick - if you can find them. 

Jerry

JohnP

Still have plenty of 22LR & 22Mag but running low on everything else.  Down to my last couple of thousand .223 and .308 only about 500 left. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

yotefever

So I should be able to sell two or three bricks of Wolf Match Target ammo to fund my 3.5" BDS lift springs for my Wrangler?   :highclap:
http://www.whitcombministries.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
"My Jeep won a war...Your Honda mows my yard !"

Hawks Feather

Quote from: yotefever on April 04, 2013, 12:10:46 PM
So I should be able to sell two or three bricks of Wolf Match Target ammo to fund my 3.5" BDS lift springs for my Wrangler?   :highclap:

You probably could.  I forgot to mention that they also had a few boxes of CCI .22 Mini-Mags @ $15.00 per 100.

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 04, 2013, 09:13:09 AM
If he got two bricks (1050 in each brick) for $60 he got a really good price.  The brick that Ken bought for $99.99 was also Winchester ammo.  I bought some CCI Standard Velocity (#0032) just as ammo was starting to disappear and paid $55 per brick.  While I thought that was high, I was told that they are selling for $150 per brick - if you can find them. 

Jerry

Each brick had 525 rounds.  Not 1050. 

iahntr

Yeah, ya can't hardly find it around here either. A LITTLE gun show we went to a few weeks ago only had one guy there with .22 ammo and he only had a couple of the 525 round boxes and was asking $60.00 for em, and he had sold a couple boxes too. I'll use a slingshot first. If you're in the right place at the right time, you can pick some up at "normal" prices. Bass Pro a couple weekends ago they had gotten some in, and a had guy behind the gun counter divvying them out, two boxes max per person, $23.00 for the 525 round boxes. Im not sure how many they got in, but they were gone in less then an hour or so.
Scott

vayotehowler

I had luck at gander 2.79 box of 50 limit 10. I am on Roanoke and we have a sportsmans warehouse here / only one on the east coast . Monday is their truck days wed is gander mount and we have a sportsmans liquidators here too

Ladobe

Not as crazy as I've seen by a long shot, IE CCI Velocitor or Stinger 50 packs for $25+ each and large quantity lots for even more per round, but the prices have been ridiculous high depending on which rimfire ammo it is.   Remember hearing about lots selling for $20K to much more, but don't remember how many rounds/what 22LR ammo it was.

GB has been one of the places where the profiteerer's have been having a hay day though.   Current...
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=22LR+ammo&MinStartingBid=0.01&Sort=5&Tab=1

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Carolina Coyote

There is a Sportsman Warehouse in Columbia South its about a hundred miles from my house so I don't go there often, supplies may be coming back a little as I found some .224 69 Grain Sierras on the net yesterday at a reasonable price. CC