• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wet and slow on the line....

Started by studabaka, January 15, 2007, 06:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

We have been getting rain here most every week and the rivers are going up and down like a yoyo. This week has been particularly slow [unless you count beagles..... bunny hunters are out in mass  :shck:]. I was going to put in a bunch of land sets, but sifting mud to catch beagles is not inspiring. So I only have a few sets in.

Haven't seen much success being posted recently, so I thought I would put something up.

Here is a river set I have for otter. They seem to like to check these little run off streams as they make their curcuits. If you look close you can see the drown cable. The dead stick stuck in the bank on the right was my flag on where the set/water level was and as you can see the water dropped a tad overnight. The cable was pulled upstream which got my hopes up that I had got one.....

and I did...kinda....just not an otter......

This little female was caught about as high on the hind leg as you can get and was probably checkin out the mud on the river bottom before she knew what was happening.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Man that thing doesn't have much hair on it at all does it Stu.  :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

Welcome to NC  :roflmao: It's wet, but even dry an NC critter has a piss poor prime vs a northern one. It's about the only thing that makes me think about moven back north
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

bowjunkie

man I agree thats one hairless coon

FinsnFur

...and you guys wondered why I had long hair  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com