• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Town House Coons

Started by studabaka, November 08, 2007, 05:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

If you suffer from custom call addiction, these little fellas can help ya make ends meet  :wink:

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

How cold has it been getting down there Stu? Looks like some fairly decent fur in those pics.
What have ya been getting anyway?...or what do you expect to get?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

It has turned colder and we have actually had a couple nights below freezing. They were pretty thick for NC fur. Our trapping season opens december 1st. I have standing commitments to set for coon, but expect I'll limit out in a week or two. I also have a few beaver situations that I convinced them to hold off till december that I'll need to clean up. My eye however is on coyote and cats. I have a few spots that are looking pretty promising. I'm starting to call them, but will also trap. Man I love the fall  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

:yoyo: and now that we know you have a camera  :sneer:

Kyle's been taking off outta here every weekend, and I've been swamped with client sites etc, we've pretty much spent the last month or two meeting in passing.

I need to step away from it all this weekend and get him out hunting before he finds something else to get into.  :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

It would do you both good. The other stuff will always be there when you get back. I'm hoping to take my son with me on a stand or two when he is home for Thanksgiving....... ya never know if ya don't go.

Hawks Feather

Stu,

What is the limit on the number of coon there?  There isn't any in Ohio.

Jerry

studabaka

The limit in my county which is where I do most of my trapping is 20 per season. My ADC work doesn't fall into this limit, just my 'fer fun' trapping.

Hawks Feather

That is interesting.  Now if the other states would follow suit (and Ohio doesn't) there would be some pretty good prices for coon. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

Good point, I think were unlimited too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 09, 2007, 10:27:03 AM
That is interesting.  Now if the other states would follow suit (and Ohio doesn't) there would be some pretty good prices for coon. 

If that would be the case then we'd be shooting 'em year round as varmints w/ no limits.  :biggrin:
I don't know about your side of the state Jerry, but there are no lack of 'coon over here. :nono:

Hawks Feather

The only thing we have more of around here than coon are mosquitoes.  Now that the cooler weather has hit, coon are back to number one.

Jerry

studabaka

Same here.... I don't know for sure, but I think the limit we have came about from the coon hunters lobbying. They are pretty well organized and were part of the reason they voted down night hunting yotes last year. The horse & hound group is pretty strong too and there is no open trapping season for fox, though they are allowed to hunt them with dogs year round.  :rolleye:

Hawks Feather

The coon dog hunters in Ohio have a pretty good lobby group as well.  They got it passed that you could not hunt coon from a boat or canoe to preserve the river hunting.  That was years back and shortly after the price of fur started going up.  This was presented and the passed despite the fact that very few dog hunters went near the creeks and rivers.  Seems coon have a tendency to try to drown the dog when they start fighting in the water.  Dang near happened when I was hunting with a friend many years back.  It wasn't a creek, but a flooded drainage ditch along a woods.  The dog owner ended up going in waist deep water to get his dog out from under a coon.  Anyway, that law has now been changed, but few people hunt the rivers anymore.

Jerry

centerfire_223

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 08, 2007, 08:12:54 PM
Kyle's been taking off outta here every weekend, and I've been swamped with client sites etc, we've pretty much spent the last month or two meeting in passing.

I need to step away from it all this weekend and get him out hunting before he finds something else to get into.  :huh:

Don't you hate that; having to work all the time!!! I went out this morning planning on making a few stands. Got out there and on the second stand got to thinking just how much work I had to do and how far behind I was. So I just got up and went home, hooked up the trailer and went to work.

I guess when you own your own business it is good to be behind and busy. But it shure does cut in on your hunting time.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-