• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Third cat

Started by Brad H, December 23, 2006, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

It's been a long 11 day drought but it ended today. A nicely furred medium sized female. Same set as the first cat.

Brought my son along this time.

studabaka

That is a very nice cat. Congratulations!  :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Sa!  Weeeeeeet! :yoyo:

Where you at Brad? I thought you were up in Washington. That looks like Arizona.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

That was what I was wondering...checked Brad's profile and it looks to be Montana, though not much white stuff given that big storm that just hit Colorado.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Brad H

I'm in central eastern Montana. About 30 miles from the ND border. I heard about that nasty storm that hit Colorado. We didn't get a bit of it. It's been warm and windy here. No snow whatsoever. I think the animals would be moving better if a cold snap would hit but as of yet there isn't one in sight.

Brad

FinsnFur

:laf: Yeah I guess I'd never know that by looking at your avatar ey?  :iroll:

I'm getting old....cut me some slack  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Smith

Way to go Brad! :yoyo: This snow we are getting today will move things. If you need me to I will check your set here or anywhere else I can, let me know....

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Brad H

I wasn't gonna say anything, Jim. :biggrin:

The four in your creek bottom might score yet, Lucas. The rest are covered for now. I'll be out when I get off to do a little maintance and some (first time this year) track scouting in this rare snow.

Brad

studabaka

Man, you are doing well on those cats. If I get two a season I'm feelin pretty good. And the cats here aren't half as purdy as those western cats. I tanned a few for a guy who had gotten them in Oregon or Washington [I think]. They were so fluffy and had great color.

Keep at em!

CrossJ

Brad, I like that country. It sure looks 'catty'. The weather here has played heck on my trapping. Rain during the day, and freeze at night. I guess, I'll need to do some waxed dirt for next year. That will guarantee a dry winter next year lol. I have got to learn to post pics on here, that might be a good new years resolution. Might even be the first one I ever keep. Maintain, Geordie

Brad H

Geordie,
The rain then freeze got me too. It only froze up two or three traps but luckily nothing came along at that time. I've been using mostly exposed trap sets and the only ones that froze down were the ones that I experimented with dirt over and one that collected h20 in a low area.

This pretty much ends my first season. Five weeks was all it took to to hit the region quota and finish up our usually three month long cat season.

This was my "shot from the hip" season. Now I have a better idea of where to flood traps and where not to. All my best (or what I thought were the best) rim rock areas didn't give up anything. I still think a lot of that was due to a short season and lack of threatening weather. It's been mild here so the traveling areas seem to work the best.

I'll get some pics of the finished products soon.

Brad

Jerry Hunsley

Brad, I love that picture. I had a set just like that by a tree and all I caught was a porcupine. It's been pretty slow lately. Tomorrow I check again. Hopefully I'll have another one. Those ole Tom's should be moving around. My buddies have been calling a few using chicken distress and cat growl. One guy I know got a real beauty. A 36lb. cat. That's a good one. Don't have a picture of that one.