• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sockeye fillets

Started by Okanagan, September 18, 2010, 11:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Need Catherine or Bigben to cook up some sockeye fillets.  My wife and I have been trying our best to OD on fresh salmon since it is a long time till the next run but have not succeeded.  8 fillets in the 18 inch pan, an evening and a morning.

We cook them a LOT of ways, but lately I've been experimenting with rubbing on olive oil, sprinkling heavily with the seasoning mix from Costco, add some Rudy's dry rub from the barbecue place in San Antonio, and dot with big drops of Greek salad dressing.  Flop it seasoned side down in a cast iron skillet or in the George Foreman grill, and coat the upper side with the same.  Cook on low heat till barely done (the skillet is as much stove top baked as fried, and I put a lid on it).  It is quiver-to-your-toes kind of delicious.

A friend of mine did some that he coated with a mix of brown sugar and sea salt for awhile, sort of a marinade for hours in a fridge, and then grilled over coals of a fire pit.  Magnum delicious.  The stuff is like candy only better.

Leftovers make great salmon sandwiches, but we don't leave much leftovers.

pitw

Oh man I'm jealous :readthis:.   That sounds so good :yoyo: :yoyo:.  I feel for the guys in the contest :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

possumal

Good gosh, those fillets look great!  That has to be one of my favorite foods.  Glad you got 'em, glad you are enjoying them.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff