• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ummm, I didn't order this.

Started by FinsnFur, June 05, 2023, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Definitely not what I was expecting while bass fishing. And definitely not in this manner.
I thought I had a 12 lb bass on there the way it stripped my spool and made the rod crackle as it bent.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had fun working that one in and that is what it is all about - having fun.

Okanagan

I thought it looked like a channel cat but you all know more about catfish than I do.  Channels are an active feeder and hit bass lures, spinners and the like on retrieves.  Years ago in Washington State I caught quite a few channels on spinners when fishing for bass.  That was a niice one, Jim!

Hawks Feather

That was nice and you let it slip right through your fingers.   :alscalls:

bigben

Quote from: nastygunz on June 06, 2023, 04:26:26 PMBlue cat?
Looks like channel to me looking at the anal fin on it. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

He definitely slipped through the fingers.  :laf:  I was not about to babysit that thing the rest of my trip. lol
Yep, Channel Cat. The anal fin is a good guide. But they are so close. The Olive color noticed when dragging this one towards the yak, gives away the fact that it's a Channel cat.
I just couldnt believe the power that thing had. Tail hooked didnt help but daaang. lol
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

We got channel cats in the Connecticutt River now  :yoyo:

bigben

I cant believe you left that pair of fish sammichs go.  good eating right there jim
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

pitw

Takes a certain amount of talent to get things backwards.
I say what I think not think what I say.