• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Final Results....

Started by securpro, February 03, 2008, 09:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Hey guys I just wanted to start a thread to find out what the final results of the hunt are. For example how many coyote or bobcats killed and what was used to get them in, Hand call, e-caller. Did you use a distress or howler, or maybe a chicken on a string. :biggrin: Inquiring minds want to know.....

I ended up with 1 coyote that we called in Friday morning around 11am with a Fox Pro using lightning jack distress on the second sequence (about 7 min) young female came in quick on the edge of a corn field bout 30yrds from the e-caller (oops) she wont be doin that no more  :eyebrow:

coyotes        female 3        male 1      unknown 2       total  6
bobcats        female 1        male 0      unknown 0       total  1

securpro

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Frogman

securpro,
        Donnie and Mike, who came down from PA with w_vyoter and I, killed a nice female on Friday morning at about 8:30 AM.  I'm not sure what calls they were using, but I do know that Mike is an excellent howler and he was probably howling.

wv_yoter and I killed another female at 8:30. AM on Saturday morning.  wv_yoter did some howls with the hand call and was playing the "chicken distress" on his Foxpro when our dog came in.  It was "bang flop" at about 30 yards with the AR and 60 grain V-Maxes.

I hope the other guys post on this thread.  I heard that 5 were killed but that might be in error.
Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

I got this male on Thursday using a SBE 3 1/2 12 ga Remington Wingmaster HD BB load at about 45 yds.  My Minaska Bandit did the calling using the MB Cottontail sound.

I called a bobcat in on Friday using the same sound.

Semp

DirtyDog

Called in 2 yotes, missed one, and got busted by the other one.

Called in this little kitty to around 25 yards and dropped her with the 870 #4 shot. Called it in with the "Bills Custom Call".

Jeb

Congrats Frogman , Semp, and DirtyDog !!!!!!!!!!!!! :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: 
                    Jeb

securpro

Thanks guys for the replies, seems like there were more though, but maybe not :wo:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

wv_yoter

I was thinking TopDawg got one :shrug:
Jason

LBLDOG

hey securpro, thats a goodlooking AR. Is that a tirijicon scope ?  oh yea congrats on the yote! :yoyo:

Bopeye

Quote from: wv_yoter on February 05, 2008, 07:59:54 PM
I was thinking TopDawg got one :shrug:

He did.
Shot it with a .204.

Called it in with a "let's walk across a cornfield call".
His buddy did the finishing sequence by saying, "There it is"!

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Jeb

Securpro and Frog , what kind of scopes are yall using on the AR's ?
                        Jeb

securpro

Jeb and LBLDOG , no thats not a Trijicon scope but I wish it was..... That scope is a fairly inexpensive NCStar that I picked up at a gun show, seems to be a pretty good scope for the money (bout $150 with the mount) I wanted to fit my AR with a Leupold and a quick release mount but the mount I wanted was a little over $190 by itself :shck:  so I decided on the NCStar for now. The NCStar scope is working out real well and holding zero just fine, It is a low power scope only a 1.5-6x40 veriable but it is a range finding scope with an illuminated reticle.  :eyebrow:

securpro

Frogman

Jeb,
      My scope is a $79.00 carry handle mount NC-Star from Cheaper than Dirt.  It is 3 - 9 x variable with an illuminated reticle.  I ordered it to tide me over til I could afford a better scope.  I like it pretty well and may just continue to use it.  It is much nicer than I expected for such an inexpensive scope.  Sounds like securpro and I have similar tastes and budgets

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

securpro

you got that one right frogman..... :biggrin:

securpro

HaMeR

Champagne tastes & a beer budget!!  :thumb2: :thumb2:

Now there aint much better than that!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

Quote from: HaMeR on February 07, 2008, 09:54:13 PM

Oh! Oh!!! Pick me, pick me!!! I resemble that remark....... :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

I bet this bus fills up fast!!  :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

What if you like expensive beer? :confused:

wv_yoter

Quote from: HaMeR on February 07, 2008, 09:54:13 PM

That sounds like my grandpa. He likes Michelob and Strohs, but he only buys Old Milwaukee :puke:
Jason

Roundman

I don't know how I missed this.

Called in two killed one and saw another one in a field Sunday. We tried to get in front of it and call but we had no luck. Used handcalls only.