• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Today

Started by wayne p, January 31, 2007, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne p

Cold! Met Mallard. Understand CCP is here with Aaron. Weather is cold but beautiful. Saw eleven (11) dogs on the way in. Looking forward to other members getting here.

Wayne P

Jeb

Hope the weather cooperates with everyone ! Good to see your reports Wayne, keep em coming !
                                       Jeb

sdLBLhunter

its cold and frozen tomorrow morning.....this is looking to be the best cioyote weather we've had all winter.  I went out last thrus through sunday and called in about a dozen yotes in somewhere around 100 sets....if you're down here, hunt the morning....this is our first snow!! Good luck to all, I'm sure I'll see you guys out there tom!

Jeb

Bopeye

I'll give my report tomorrow.........I'm beat now.......had a blast though.. :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jeb

Please tell us you have good stories and lots of pics.  :wo:
                Jeb

vvarmitr

Man Jeb: Sounds like all they got was cold? :confused:

FinsnFur

It wasnt cold. Dont let them southern boys fool ya  :wink:

I'm till on the road...holed up near Cincinnati in a hotel watching the SuperBowl. I'll have a ton of pics to post when I get home tomorrow.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Nah it wasn't too bad cold, but it was windy. I think there was a total of 4 coyotes killed, unless someone killed one this morning. I know there were several people that went out this morning.

I will have a full report of my hunt in the morning. To tired to fool with it right now.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

desert dog

Jim,

Looking forward to the pictures.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Jimmie in Ky

Well at least this time kills came closer to matching numbers called in. Numbers seen is another story, plenty of them running around.

Mine was one of the smallest and unhealthiest coyotes I have seen anywhere. I did her a huge favor. She was potbellied with a load of scars from the flea load she had over summer and was in the early stages of mange. The first mangy coyote I have seen there all winter.

My hat is off to Jeremy. For a beginer he really kept his cool in an iffy situation.  I was busy watching her actions and reactions as she came up the hill. I positioned her three times for him not knowing he could not move for the shot. He kept his cool and let me work her so I could . She went down at 23 steps to a load of bb's.

We had the worst conditions for the hunt we have ever had . Winds were at 20 miles an hour and more on saturday and gust of thirty or so happened regularly. Tough conditions anywhere when you have to hunt them. You had to be almost on top of them to get them to come in. a Saw only four more this weekend. Two of them were foolish enough to let me know where they were going for future reference. One member of a group I have been checking on for a while is quite a fair sized pooch.

Noticed some strange things with the numbers this year. Some groups just simply vanished altogether. Some groups were minus the pups and others were in great shape with large litters. Areas without pups and missing groups have been problem areas in the past fo rthe folks that run the place. One zone had been targeted for trapping every other year since we began this thing.Ronnie killed the only male in an area that once had four groups within the section I checked this morning. I didn't bother to go after the female and young one with her.

Jimmie

centerfire_223

Which section would that be Jimmie?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Jimmie in Ky

Right there above the foot bridge Ronnie. Between the places where the two roads go off in there once had four groups in them.Drove the whole circle yesterday and only two sets of tracks there where you told me you took that male. I had been wondering why I was only getting responses to howls there along vickers creek and now I know. Hadn't seen sign where there should have been in several trips to the area either.

Stan and Brian did report that the rhodes bay group was intact, I had not checked on them all fall . But even with that info it only leaves 3 groups in zone five instead of the seven it once had. Jimmie

Jeb

Looks like everyone had a blast! This year seemed  a little different  :holdon:..........what about WAYNES CHILI ????????
              :eyebrownod:Jeb

Jimmie in Ky

Well Jeb, I would have to say there were'nt that many tracks in the snow going to the outhouse. It was purty good stuff :eyebrownod: Jimmie