• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A Break From All The Orders

Started by CypressSlough, July 07, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Ok guys. I thought I would give ya a little eye candy of my own. I've been working on this for awhile. Well actually I cast it about 3 months ago right before I found the clock. I had to take a few minutes away from the orders to relax. Too much tuning and polishing at one time. The neighbors didn't care for the sound of 15 calls being tuned, one after the other. So to please the neighbors, I decided to do a little more turning instead of tuning, and remembered I had this ready to go. This is the first in hopefully a series of these. This one is going into my collection. As soon as I get everyoe's calls shipped out, I will start on a few more. This is Montana Prairie Rattlesnake in a homebrew acrylic cast over a black acrylic tube with a black acrylic insert. Let me know if ya like the idea.

Here's better pics. These are closer to the actual colors of the skin.

Brian.

www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Brian,

Boy that sure is a fancy lookin call if I've ever seen one!  What are the dimensions on that sucker? 

I've got the feeling that you'll soon be swamped with orders again.

Yoey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

bowjunkie

:shck: WOW thats flippin cool I'll take #2 when ya giter done  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

That is one awesome looking call.   :highclap:   :highclap:

I do have one question.  Why did you put that little picture of a camera with a head behind in in the band?

Jerry

FinsnFur

Absolutely beautiful Brian. That is some awesome looking wood and you did wonders with the whole thing.  :yoyo: WOW!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

:yoyo: :yoyo: Man Brian that is great!!!!!!! Just plain COOL ! I would be interested in one also :doh2: You're killin me! Super job!  Scott
Scott

CypressSlough

Thanks guys.

Jerry, I didn't even notice that until  you said something. I guess you can say the band is highly polished.  :eyebrow:

Yoey, it's about 41/2" long and about 1 3/8" at the widest point.

As far as being swamped with orders again, with the expense of the materials and equipment to do the casting properly, these calls will probably be in the $100 range. So I not sure how many I will actually sell.

By the way, anybody have any snake skins that have been salt or borax dried. Might be able to work out a trade of some kind.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

keekee

All I can say is.........WOW!  :yoyo:

Brent

Hawks Feather

Brian,

I saw a little water snake the other day, do you think that would work?   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

CypressSlough

If he's big enough.  :biggrin: For a call this size, it takes a piece of skin about 3"x 3" square without the belly scales. It can only be salt or borax dried. Anything else will react with the resin and turn black. Some of the water snakes I've seen would look sweet like this.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

nailbender

Sweet call!  Too bad I tanned that prairie rattler I've got. :doh2:

Hawks Feather

I was just joking, but I may look again.  This one would have been large enough - it was along the dock on Kelleys Island in Lake Erie.  I was on the jet express at the time so it would not have worked.  But I will start watching for them.

Jerry

Dogwood Creek

:shock2: :shock2: :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:!!! I'm friggin speechless. That may very well be the nicest blend of material, shape and contrast, I have ever seen. Home run! Over the wall and out of sight! That just about covers it. Sheese that is a beautiful call.

Lonehowl

Todd Rahm

Brian,

That is simply, one of the most amazing calls I have seen, and I would be honored to make the list for one of those.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Coulter

That thing is absolutely awesome...put me on "the list" also - I want one.

Steve

FinsnFur

I'm boxin up my snakeskin cowboy boots as you read this  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin: :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

kiyitec

Top of the line, brother! 
  I was going arrowhead hunting this morning, but I might have to change tactics now.

comic relief-
Ideas- black snake for the every popular "black goes with everything" look.
         Coral snake for the black, yellow, and red stripes. Milk snake for those wanting A less deadly call.
         How about turtle leg skin off A big ol' snapper?
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.