• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2008 LBL Hunt

Started by KySongDog, April 07, 2007, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

I'm w/ you Bop....when do we eat :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

bigben

maybe we ought to have a BBQ cook off this coming year?  I think we got the taste testers here allready.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

awh

Heck ya. I'll bring the Hall family pulled pork BBQ beer cooler. And a plate. :roflmao:

What kind we talking about Ben? pork, deer, beef, turkey, all the above....I do enjoy a good cook off. I'll even make a batch of the smack ya momma in the mouth sauce. Just dont say smack ya momma in the mouth around Cam....He's young and takes everything serious :confused: :shrug:

I'll get Lil-man to make a call for 1st place.  It will have a nice ketchup/BBQ hand rubbed finish, for the occasion...and Bill of course. :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

bigben

heck don't matter to me what kind a meat it is.  I have a 300 lb hog in the frezzer so that is what I will probably use.  that is if this goes through.(don't want to butt in here being a first timer and making up contests and such)  and even if we do not make it as a contest still gonna make it. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

awh

If your brining pork, I'll bring some deer and Squirrel. ( BBQ Squrriel is Lil-mans fav) And like ya said, if they don't want to have a contest, Well still have plenty of BBQ.
I figure if we feed them well, they will have some pitty and show us to some good hunting spots seeing to how they've hunted there before :confused:

FinsnFur

Quote from: awh on April 26, 2007, 09:20:43 AM

I'll get Lil-man to make a call for 1st place.  It will have a nice ketchup/BBQ hand rubbed finish, for the occasion..

:roflmao: :laf: :roflmao: :laf: :roflmao: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

sounds good to me.  I probably will bring some homemade brew also  :eyebrow:

awh

Ohhhh.....Ben. You may be my new best friend. I do like a home brew.  :bowingsmilie:
I might have to stop by the friends in Tennessee on the way down for a jar of corn. (Honey Lemon corn that is) :innocentwhistle:

Jimmie in Ky

I figure if we feed them well, they will have some pitty and show us to some good hunting spots seeing to how they've hunted there before :confused:

[/quote]

You feed this bunch good and you'll have more places and folks to hunt with than you can shake a stick at  :nono:

As for a cook off. If you started a pit up in there , you would have half the downwind county in there with a bib on .  :roflmao: Jimmie

Bills Custom Calls

I already have a 2 quart jar of some Tenn.clear stuff I could maybe bring that stuff along.Got lotsa deer meat in the freezer,but I will have to buy some ketchup though don't have that much in stock :roflmao:

I really do need to get down to the LBL in 08.Looks like it is already gearing up to be a good one

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

Okay.........after a long, thoughtful deliberation........I nominate myself as one of the official taste testers.  :innocentwhistle: Ya might as well have a pro like me......at least I know what BBQ is........ :eyebrownod:

Speaking of the white lightening, I got a buddy here that makes some mighty smooth peach stuff.......occasionally I will use it for medicinal purposes......... :wink:

It's the best I have tasted and I've had it charred, clear, and the rot gut run through a radiator and cut with clorox stuff.  :whew:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Bop.......with all that stuff.........I am going to need to make the trip over to your place. It is not that far ya know.  :biggrin:

Bopeye

Uh.......don't have any on the place as of now, but your more than welcome to come anytime Newdog.......... :biggrin:

My wife thinks I look for reasons to get to feeling "under the weather" when I have my "medicine around".  :wo:

:holdon: I wonder though, if a man brought that to LBL...........he could find himself in a heap of trouble due to it's very nature with the establishment.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

awh

True. So true. Last trip we took to your wonderful state Bop, my cuz was sweeting bullets cause our Tenn. friend had placed several quarts in the back of cuz's truck so we could give it to the other friends of theirs up here. I could yell cop and cuz would get the shakes pretty bad.....LOL. I love picking on the boy. I guess I'll leave what I got at home at home. And stop by the friends on the way back home. He makes some called apple pie that is so so good....and the lemon honey is good. And the cherry, peach and plain clear is good....I might have to call him tonight now that I got a hankering for a taste.

Jimmie in Ky

One of the major reasons the LBL was created was to get rid of the concentration of moonshiners there. And since one of th former landowners had established a game park there, it gave the government ideas. The remnants of the herd of fallow deer are still there on the original preserve which is the environmental education center now. Moonshining is a big part of the stories that come from there when you talk to some of the descendants.

A son of the former park keeper told me about the feds dumping out the mash from a still in what is now Honker bay. It was the first time he had seen drunk Canada Geese. Unlike airline pilots, drunk geese can't fly  :laf: Jimmie

Silvertip

Count me in, if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, Had a GREAT time this year!!!!   :yoyo:

Silvertip

PS.- Here are some general maps on how to get to Wranglers Campground at LBL, for everyone who needs them.

Small MapsLarge Maps - Click on Url, when map loads "right click" on map and select "Print Picture" or "Save Picture As"
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/Silvertip_Grizz/FnF/LBLHuntMap1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/Silvertip_Grizz/FnF/LBLHuntMap2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/Silvertip_Grizz/FnF/LBLHuntMap3.jpg
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

awh

Thanks for the maps Silvertip.

bigben

I just looked at the directions for mapquest.  12 hr trip 770 miles along with 250 dollars in gas and that is if the prices stay the same.  I am going to be coming through the bottom half of ohio all the way through west virginia and kentucky.  maybe a possible car pool with someone?  I am thinking about purchasin a new truck and hopefully I will have it by then.

FinsnFur

Nice Grizz.

I'll have to convert those to a black and white .PDF file and repost em for folks to print, when I get caught up.

......if anyone is interested.  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com