• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Father's Day Present

Started by dog dropper, June 16, 2013, 11:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dog dropper

Well seeing as today was fathers day, i had to wrack my brain on what dad would want so i finally got the idea to buy him a cooler for coke on the job, seeing how he is always whining about how hot his favorite drink is. So i'm walking back to the car and looked through the store window of the local hardware store and seen a nice little BB/pellet pistol powered by CO2 and i figured it would be good enough for shooting starlings around the yard, so i went in and got it. The next day was fathers day so i gave him his cooler, but after everyone gave him his presents. He then complained joking that he never got any toys this year. Therefore i caved and gave him my new toy. He sat playing with it for a while then handed it to me and said go make it work. So after a couple of hours biking around i finally found a big old momma gopher lazily sunning herself at about 20 yards. i managed to walk into about 15 yards and nailed it right through the throat, so although the gun is now owned by dad i still got to make it work once.  :biggrin:

It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

Okanagan

Great story and good shooting!  Sounds like a great Father's Day.

FinsnFur

You got to make it work alright :congrats:
Nice job putting the stalk on. Now lets see if Dad can top it. :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Sharing one of your "toys" with your Dad is a great thing to do.

Jerry