Snappers and beavers

Started by Dave, April 17, 2011, 09:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Now that I got your attention:

Here are a few pics of a snapper that Dante dragged home the other day:

Now how about a little closer

and, of course, he had to get him to grab the stick

And over the last few days we rec'd some of the heavy rains/storms that recently swamped the mid-west.  There were three beavers that have been living in a huge pile of log jam brought down by previous floods, and this recent high water flooded them out.  The kids found them hanging just above the high water in a secluded section of woods.  The largest of the three patiently waited for me to get the camera for a few pics (I'm thinking something had to be wrong with it as we were w/in 10 feet of it and it wouldn't budge).  Anyway here are the best pics I got.

Sort of unhealthy looking rear end from this angle

and it finally did head back into the water

Hawks Feather

Nice pictures.  I am glad that it is not me holding the snapper.  Actually, I really like turtles, but snappers are not in the class of the ones that I like. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

:laf: :laf: I seen that stick in the second picture and I knew there was some instigating being done :alscalls:

Those are some nice clear pics :congrats: Thanks for sharing them.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Neat pictures Dave!  Looks like that beaver has mange?  Something is definitely wrong with him?

Dave

Dave

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 17, 2011, 10:19:05 PM
  Actually, I really like turtles, but snappers are not in the class of the ones that I like. 
I like them, too.  It's always a little unnerving when they bring a big one back, though.  I'll try to find some other pics from over the yrs and add them to the post.

If anyone else has any cool turtle pics, throw them on - I'd love to see em.

Quote from: HuntnCarve on April 18, 2011, 04:28:09 AM
  Looks like that beaver has mange?  Something is definitely wrong with him?
I was thinking the same about mange.  Lots of foxes i've shot around here have mange - some really bad with open, festering wounds. 

Dave

Looked out back and saw another big snapper cruising from the creek up to a field where they sometimes lay there eggs.
My daughter, Sarah, went flying out the back door to check it out.  Her friend, Kara, followed.

Here they are - Sarah is helping it along.

And this is about as close as her friend would get.

And here are a few from last year of some little guys.  They look like a miniature version of a dinosaur, with all the spikes, points and claws on them.

shaddragger

:highclap: Cool pics, Dave! That is pretty neat of your daughter to grab that snapper! Most girls wouldn't go anywhere near him! Props to her!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

FinsnFur

Nope most girls wouldnt touch that bad boy. And that one looks big enough to ride back to the creek :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Girls?  Most guys won't go near them either.   :laf:

Nice pics and kudos to Sarah!    :congrats:

HuntnCarve

That gal is fearless the way she's wrangling that turtle.  I'll show these photos to my neighbor Ol Chips.  He'd be drooling over all that turtle meat on the hoof.  :laf:  Great photos Dave.