• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman goes diving in Bonaire (lots of pictures)

Started by Frogman, July 15, 2009, 03:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Guys,

I havn't been out hunting for awhile due to our recent dive trip to Bonaire in the southern Caribbean.  Bonaire is one of the ABC islands just north of Caracas Venezuela.  The otheres are Aruba and Curacau.  It is a Dutch island.  Scuba WV has been leading groups there for 23 years now.  Here are some photos . . .

A tarpon in the wreck of the Hilma Hooker.

Frogman and turtle

Frogman and sea fan

That's a trunk fish

Tube sponges

Pillar coral

Above two pictures are queen angel fish

Back to the boat after a great dive

Capt. Don Stewart, the father of diving on Bonaire and our friend!

Hope you enjoyed these, I know I enjoyed the trip.  Photos taken by my dive buddy, Don Schrader!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

Great photos Jim, I've only been to the Carib once and that was with the Army to the island of Grenada...  I think thats considered the Carib ??   
I recall how clear the ocean was, I could see perty deep. 

KySongDog

Nice pics, Frogman.  Reminds me of the time I went diving at Cozumel.   Great visibility.   :yoyo:

iahntr

Cool pics Frogman.  :highclap: :highclap: My brother was there last year.
That pic of the turtle reminds me of one I was tryin to catch up to in Barbados.
He would let me get about a foot away, and then give a couple flaps of his flippers,
and be gone. :laf: In Martinique I saw the last part of a rather large eel
going into a reef, I didn't stick around to wait for him to come back out.  :nono:
and in St.Thomas I was just kickin along towards the surface and caught a flash
outta the corner of my eye and there was about a 4 ft plus(I think it was more like 8 ft. :biggrin:)
barracuda swimmin along right beside, man them suckers got teethe!  :eyebrownod:
I may just have to dig out the scrapbook.  :biggrin: Thanks for sharin with us Frog.
Scott
Scott

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Frogman

Bopeye,

We seldom see sharks at Bonaire.  Saw a lot of them at Truk Lagoon and Palau in the Pacific a few years ago.  Also had sharks on just about every dive in the Galapagos Islands including 24 whale sharks.  I have never felt threatened by sharks.  The ones I have been around did not seem aggresive toward us divers.  "Shark Week" and "Jaws" makes them appear worse than they really are.  I have never encountered a Great White.  If I ever do I hope to be in a protective cage of some sort!!

Jim

KySongDog

Remind me to tell you my shark story at the next LBL, Jim.  I was snorkeling (not diving) in the Grand Bahamas one year and had a CLOSE encounter with a 6 foot reef shark.  :whew:

FinsnFur

Wow, there is really some amazing things to see under there isnt there?
I dont think I could it though, I'm going to have to count on you to keep sharing it. :nono:

Cool pics :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Sharks might not bother ya Frog, but your a slender, tanned man. Me, on the other hand, might be mistaken for one of their favorite meals. Albino seals.  :laf:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Frogman

Ahhh Bop,

Slender???   I wish???   I tell my ccw students that I have spent years of hard work and effort to develop my concealment girth.  My wet suits continue to mysteriously shrink around the waist area????

Jim