• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

cross country running

Started by Silencer, July 15, 2009, 04:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Anyone here know much about cross country running ?  One of the boys signed up and starts training in a week or so.  I picked up a pair of running shoes that cost more than baseball spikes  :holdon:

All I do know is they have one hell of a trail up the side of the mountain at the school, I've never been up there but its fairly steep and rocky from what I can see.

pitw

Well now we know just how many of the crew are into athletic stuff like running. :shrug: :laf: :laf:  I sure ain't know help :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

My oldest daughter ran CC and loved it.  There were a few courses around here that had a couple of small hills, but no rocky areas like you describe.  CC runners seem to develop a closeness since it is a team score - you can have the world's best runner, but if you don't have the rest of the pack your team will lose.  There also was only one "hey look at me" kind of attitude that I can remember on the boy's team (unlike some other sports) and he quickly came to realize that CC was a lot of work and there was team glory, not individual glory, and quit.  Amy would start running shortly after school was finished and then just kept expanding her miles.  Those shoes you mentioned, plan on at least two pairs to get through the season.  If he really trains probably three or four.  It is a great sport, but not the easiest to watch since the courses are laid out all over the place - not like track where you can sit in the stands and watch them run around, around, around, and around.

Jerry

Silencer

Thanks guys.   Jerry, I'm glad you mentioned
QuoteThere also was only one "hey look at me" kind of attitude that I can remember on the boy's team (unlike some other sports) and he quickly came to realize that CC was a lot of work and there was team glory
Sounds like it will do him some good to learn more about teamwork.