• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Remember when?

Started by Bopeye, July 21, 2009, 06:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I've been coming over and taking care of my parent's house while they are in Nebraska. My mom has asked me to water every house plant she has every 3 to 4 days while she's gone. This whole time I just thought she had a few plants....... :doh2: boy was I wrong!!! It's like a jungle in here.  :eyebrownod:
Anywho, today was watering day so I was making my long and tedious rounds, making sure her fancy weeds don't die, when I noticed a picture in one of her guest bedrooms I hadn't seen in a long time. I almost didn't recognize the guy.  :huh:
I couldn't help myself. I looked at it for a little while and then snapped a picture of the picture with my trusty cell phone.

Can anyone else recognize this guy? It was me at the tender age of 18 years old at boot camp in Ft. Knox, Ky. I was training to be a Recon Cavalry Scout. That's been 22 years ago, this month.
I wish I could get my hands on one of those M-60 machine guns. I wouldn't have to worry about being a good shot then.  :nono:

Anyone else have any way back when pictures?
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Bop,

Are you sure that is you?  That guy has his hat on straight.   :biggrin:

Jerry

HaMeR

:shck: DUDE!!! YOU'RE THIN!!!!!!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ahh,, just bustin yer chops Bop!!  :biggrin:

Thanks for the time you served.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

I couldnt find any pictures of Grenada, musta left em all when I moved out the homestead years ago  :confused:  Gonna have to hunt them down, but I did find one that they take when you first get to basic/boot camp.  My mos was 51 bravo ( combat engineer ) and 88 mike ( motor transport operator )

Didnt even have one stripe at this point, when I got out I was E5, made it up the chain pretty quickly. 

nastygunz

Just back from Beirut, showing off my new boxing glove tattoo,the white patch on my camo was the Multinational Peace Keeping Force patch.

5 SHOTS

A-4-1   19-D   ARMOR  :yoyo: Fort Knox Ky. Spring of '82  :confused: .....I think.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Bopeye

Quote from: 5 SHOTS on July 23, 2009, 09:10:58 AM
A-4-1   19-D   ARMOR  :yoyo: Fort Knox Ky. Spring of '82  :confused: .....I think.

I believe I was A-6-16 and of course 19D!! Go Cav!!

FinsnFur

Bopeye...can you roll your tongue? :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

You were in the old barracks. I was in the new ones....Disney Land, I think you guys called them.
I might have been 19e I switched mos midstream. ARMORED CAV.  :yoyo:

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Silencer

I ended up 51B cuz during Desert Storm there wasnt enough slots for 88M and I had to take a crash course in combat engineering to go with my unit.  Desert Storm went quick and fast, a week or so before deployment it was over. 

Bopeye

Quote from: 5 SHOTS on July 23, 2009, 06:23:32 PM
You were in the old barracks. I was in the new ones....Disney Land, I think you guys called them.

I thought 19 Echo was tanks? Or as I lovingly referred to them was DATS aka Dumb A** Tankers.  :laf:
I was Armored Cav as well, but we used M113 Armored Personnel Carriers at that time. Now they use Bradleys I believe.

I was in the new barracks. It was Disney Barracks. That's what they called them.
Anyone remember the movie Stripes with Bill Murray? Our reception station at Knox was the same building that Murray first met his Drill Sergeant.

Jimbo, I can roll my tongue, but just for certain folks.  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

alscalls

Jimbo, I can roll my tongue, but just for certain folks.  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

[/quote]

Looks like a billy goat with an anal problem........ :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

5 SHOTS

Quote from: Bopeye on July 23, 2009, 07:10:47 PM
Quote from: 5 SHOTS on July 23, 2009, 06:23:32 PM

I thought 19 Echo was tanks? Or as I lovingly referred to them was DATS aka Dumb A** Tankers.  :laf:
I was Armored Cav as well, but we used M113 Armored Personnel Carriers at that time. Now they use Bradleys I believe.

I was in the new barracks. It was Disney Barracks. That's what they called them.
Anyone remember the movie Stripes with Bill Murray? Our reception station at Knox was the same building that Murray first met his Drill Sergeant.

I can't remember for sure. I started basic in cav then mid stream switched to armor. I was sure the 16th was in the old barracks too, but that proves how well i remember. I do remember the reception station pretty good though.

Bopeye

Quote from: alscalls on July 23, 2009, 08:15:32 PM

Only you would know what a Billy Goat with an Anal problem would look like......ya sicko!!  :laugh2: :laugh2: :yahoo: ;yes;

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

nastygunz

Quote from: Bopeye on July 23, 2009, 09:31:09 PM
Quote from: alscalls on July 23, 2009, 08:15:32 PM

Only you would know what a Billy Goat with an Anal problem would look like......ya sicko!!  :laugh2: :laugh2: :yahoo: ;yes;

:roflmao:....burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

straycat

Bravo 19-4  Mar 84       63D

Old barracks... right close to the gas chamber.
:puke:  Remember those snot slingin' days?   :laf:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bopeye

I do remember the gas chamber all too well..... :puke:

It had a big tree located just outside the exit door. It was hilarious watching guys come running out of there and crashing into that thing.  :laf:

5 SHOTS

Anyone get the honor of emptying the trash can beside the door?  :puke: :puke: :hahaha: