• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Back from vacation...(pic heavy)

Started by Coulter, July 22, 2009, 05:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

So what did I miss?

We just got back from the Outer Banks late Sunday night we all had a great time and I did manage a few pics, but nothing outstanding. I left the camera at the house when I was out kayaking most days. I only managed kayaking 16 miles or so due to rain one day and 20+ knot winds another 2-3 days. I did find 3-4 stingrays in the water while I was out. That was pretty cool.

My daughter tried surfing for the first time and fell in love. Now if she could just learn to stand upright on the board :doh2:

This looks like it hurts...good thing she is flexible :shck:

Here is a pic for Silencer...name that bird :biggrin:

Future surfer dude...

Well maybe AFTER he learns how to take a wave...(thats his head poking out of the surf on the left)

Surfer chick magnet :innocentwhistle: (I no longer have that farmer tan :innocentwhistle:)

Outer Banks Aerial bombing attack (Brown Pelican Style)

Hatteras Lighthouse...I think this is the coolest lighthouse on the Outer Banks

The ferry that goes from Haterras Island to Ocracoke island...they take vehicle and all. This was a fun 40 minute ride.

Typical duck blind in the Outer Banks...the sound side is absolutely polluted with blinds in certain areas. A duck hunters dream :biggrin:

Silencer

I've seen them type of blinds in a video once.   Not sure what the heck that bird is.....gonna guess a snipe of some sort, not sure which.

You got some awesome shots, looks like a great time yall had  :yoyo: :congrats:   

alscalls

Aint that one of them sand something or others.......?

Dang that thing is ugly and I mean YOU coulter........ :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

weedwalker

I was thinking a sand rail or snipe.

Coulter

Thanks Al  :nono:

Anybody else want to take a stab at what that bird it is before I give the answer. I'll give ya a clue - its not a sand rail, snipe or sand something or other :confused:

I had to look it up myself to figure out what it was. They are all over the beaches down there right now.

Frogman

Looks like you guys had a good time!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

LOL  had a feeling it wasnt a common snipe when u said guess.......

Coulter

The Bird is an Eastern Willet. We also saw Snowy Egrets, Great Egrets, American Oystercatchers, White Ibises, Laughing Gulls and some other odd birds that aren't normally seen around here.

FinsnFur

Looks like our Sand Pipers.

Some nice pics. I never seen blinds like that out in the middle of the water but it looks like a good idea.
Looks like you all had a good time. And yah....you still got the farmer tan going on. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com