• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Blueberry hunting

Started by Tikaani, July 27, 2009, 12:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

That time of year here in Alaska.  Wife and I traveled up north to our secret blueberry patch accessible by Argo only LOL.  Stayed for about four hours.  These will make fine pancakes, syrup and jam for the winter. Also picked about a gallon of raspberries near the house.
Three weeks till caribou season and five till moose season.

John

The fruits of our labor, LOL

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Silencer

See any black bear in there with ya ?  nice mess of berries  :congrats:

FinsnFur

Hey...I dont know if you noticed or not but shes sneaking some of the harvest. :shck:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Thanks for the pics John :argh:  My wife loves going after them Blue units and now she says "Going to Alaska".  We have to go 3 hours north to find them and we never found that many at once anywhere but the store.  Looked like you had a great outing. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

Sweet!  A lot of work, but it's sure worth the effort.  Plus you had a nice day out with the Mrs's!
When I was a boy I was helping Ol' Nick pick blackberries up in the mountains of PA.  Being one that was always looking for the "Mother load" I got ahead of him and popped up over the brushy ridge.  Come face to face with a big Black bear!!!  I screamed!  He woofed!  And we both ran!  LOL!  From then on, I kinda stuck alittle closer to Nick.  Of course the bear has grown in magnitude as the years rolled by.  I figure he's probably squaring 18' x 18' by now. LOL!  Great photos John as always!

Dave

Hawks Feather

I really enjoy seeing the pictures that you take.  I would post some from around here, but try to imagine a picture with a house in it.  That would be EVERY picture unless I was close to a woods and taking the picture toward it.  I talked with my oldest daughter and she said that the Blueberries are not scheduled to be ripe for a couple of weeks in Michigan.

On a more serious note, wouldn't your berry patch be a magnet for bears?  Or do they have something that they enjoy more at this time?

Jerry

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo:
We had homemade blueberry muffins yesterday.......mmmmmmmmm
Wishing I was there in 5 weeks..... :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Tikaani

Funny story Dave, it's funny how animals in our stories grow as our age increases, I have caught several fish like that.  As for the bear, I am sure they are around, this area is very difficult to walk in as it is nothing but tundra and tussocks.  I think that is why there is so many year after year, that and it is very remote from other berry pickers.  Speaking of bears the wife saw a sow and cub near the house last night, they were grazing on grass in an open area.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

iahntr

More nice pics. Sounds like a great day,
and looks mighty tasty !!
Scott

MI VHNTR

We, my wife and I, went out to look for blueberries on Sat. Bad news. No berries due to the lack of rain and cold spring. Even the raspberries are small this year. Hopefully the blackberries will be good and I'll get enough to make some vino.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB