• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Good day for Turkey's!

Started by WldWldWest, April 02, 2011, 08:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Colt and I got out and aggrevated some bird's this morning!

We decided to set up in my Shootin house since we knew the birds roosted close by, We were running a lil late and it was breaking light but we managed to get the decoy's set up without getting busted.

The first wad I called in was a gaggle of 14 hens and 1 Jake and they milled about for about 30 min or so and they called up 7 Gobblers and for some reason 2 of em didnt leave with em :confused:

This is the 3 year in a row that young son and I have doubled on opening day!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Bills Custom Calls

Thats the way to start off the season  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

pitw

Doug, looks like you both shot the same ones :innocentwhistle:.  Good job. :congrats:
I say what I think not think what I say.

WldWldWest

Lol, It is the same ones Barry! I'm not talented enough to take a pic of me, Colt and the birds at the same time!

By double I mean we both killed a bird on the same hunt :shrug:

!

pitw

Quote from: WldWldWest on April 02, 2011, 10:06:43 PM
Lol, It is the same ones Barry! I'm not talented enough to take a pic of me, Colt and the birds at the same time!

By double I mean we both killed a bird on the same hunt :shrug:

:alscalls: :alscalls:  Sorry Doug, just playing :doh2:.  Loved the pics. :bowingsmilie:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Great way to start off the season!    :congrats:

I like that shooting house.  That would be great to sit in during bad weather.  How high off the ground is it?

iahntr

Scott

weedwalker

Way to go Colt and Doug!!! :congrats: :congrats: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Colts bird looks to be a lot bigger than yours Doug. :biggrin:

HaMeR

Congratulations Colt & Doug!! I'm glad you guys connected early. Now you can spend the rest of your season running all over the hills chasing more birds!!   :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Congratulation!  That is an AWESOME way.  So do you count to three and then both shoot?

Jerry

coyote101

Congratulations to the both of you. :congrats: :congrats: Great job.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyotehunter_1

:congrats: What a way to carry on a tradition !! :highclap:

Congrats to both of you.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

WldWldWest

Thanks for the comments everybody! :bowingsmilie:

Semp- I cant remember :confused: But I think I used 16' 4x4 post when I put this one back up after ma nature took down the last one!  Course its a couple ft in the ground. It's a 6x8 platform with a 6'6" center height for us grown folk and man I have spent many hours in it in bad weather and we have been fortunate to take a ton of deer and turkey and coyotes out of it!

Jerry- You know!?! 3,2,Nothing, ya shoot on nothing! Course bout every time somebodys gonna get screwed!

Thanks again ya'll for the kind words!

!

markTNhunter