• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Round 2....

Started by WldWldWest, April 03, 2011, 02:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Round 2 was interesting as well! Colt slept in but course the Ole man wasnt gonna miss the second day of turkey season! I figured I would give the same set up a try, I didnt feel real good about it but its hard not to spend the morning in my big ole office chairs I have in the shootin house! But trust me, it wasnt without excitement!

I had this lil fella roll in right after daylight and jacked up one of my decoys, had the trees not been alive with birds gobblin he woulda been mine but I didnt wanna spook my gobblers that were roosted close by.  What this Yote needs to remember is

"Revenge is a meal best served cold"

I will get his A$$ before its over!

At first I didnt think he hurt it but as the sun came up this is what I had left? I really like these Sceery blow up decoy's cause their easy to pack and they look realistic, This one is needing a patch though! :confused:

The deer were mighty curious this morning too as they wouldnt leave em alone either

This hen was in a lil mood as well as she came in and tried to whip the decoy she is standing next to but I aint gotta patch her!

I did have a few jakes get in the decoys around 1030am but I was done so I had to run them off so I could leave!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

KySongDog

That's another great morning hunt!   I think I would've had to blast that coyote though.   He sure chewed up that decoy.   :laf:

It's funny how he trots up to the decoys and not think "Why ain't these turkeys flying away?"   :laf:

HaMeR

Cool deal Doug!! Great pics & Thanks for sharing!!

Our season is 2 weeks & a wake-up away.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

That was a cool little outing.
I wish I could have seen the coyotes face when he tore into the decoy and it deflated instead of screaming. :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Well now I know your a turkey hunter and not a coyote hunter :eyebrownod:.  That was cool as heck and thanks a bunch for taking us along. :bowingsmilie:
I say what I think not think what I say.

WldWldWest

Quote from: pitw on April 03, 2011, 05:33:06 PM
  Well now I know your a turkey hunter and not a coyote hunter :eyebrownod:.  That was cool as heck and thanks a bunch for taking us along. :bowingsmilie:

Ouch! That hurt! :pout:

To be honest Barry, I really dont care anything about killin a Yote with a shotgun :shrug: I would rather kill him with a  rifle at 200 plus yds (And I'll get my chance) However I've probably killed 10+ while turkey hunting with a shotgun and had the trees not been full of something I really enjoy eating I would have spanked him!

Had I known he was gonna rip a chunk outta my decoy it woulda been a different story too :shrug:

!

riverboss

Great story WWW i went scouting and coyote hunting this morning herd the turkeys get busted up so i did a little sweet talking on my cat nip and killed a big old male about 4o seconds later that 55 gr Vmax sure had him spinnin LOL.That decoy sure got tore up im sure he will pay.

WldWldWest

Man! What I would give to live in a state where you could Rifle hunt those bird's!

Good for you man!!! Proud of your kill!

!

riverboss

WE cant rifle hunt turkeys here i was scouting for turkey season and going to do alittle calling while out he just happend to be in the wrong place LOL.

pitw

Quote from: WldWldWest on April 03, 2011, 06:52:57 PM

To be honest Barry, I really dont care anything about killin a Yote with a shotgun :shrug: I would rather kill him with a  rifle at 200 plus yds (And I'll get my chance) However I've probably killed 10+ while turkey hunting with a shotgun and had the trees not been full of something I really enjoy eating I would have spanked him!

Had I known he was gonna rip a chunk outta my decoy it woulda been a different story too :shrug:

Sorry Doug :sad: :sad:
  It's just that I am always getting in dutch cause if a coyote comes a calling I'm obliged to shoot.  CO got so mad at me on a deer hunt he wouldn't hunt with me the rest of that year :alscalls:.  My buddys know not to come running thinking I shot the big buck anymore :wink:.

WldWldWest

Quote from: pitw on April 03, 2011, 07:45:44 PM
Quote from: WldWldWest on April 03, 2011, 06:52:57 PM

Sorry Doug :sad: :sad:
  It's just that I am always getting in dutch cause if a coyote comes a calling I'm obliged to shoot.  CO got so mad at me on a deer hunt he wouldn't hunt with me the rest of that year :alscalls:.  My buddys know not to come running thinking I shot the big buck anymore :wink:.

To be honest Barry, If the Man that lets me have free range of his place thought I let one slip by he wouldnt be happy either!

I wont tell if you dont :wink:

!

HaMeR

:confused:  You shot the coyote or the Tom? I'm assuming the coyote.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

Coyote  of course our season for turkeys isnt for a few weeks i was just doing alittle scouting to find out where the birds were and He just happened to be in the wrong place trying to get some breakfast .

riverboss

Im sorry guys that i didnt make my first post alittle clearer i would never hunt anything out of season and always obay every law to the fullest i cant stand a poacher but after rereading what i wrote i can see where i wasnt very clear on what i shot sorry for the confusment.    RB.

KySongDog

I knew what you were saying, riverboss.    :laf:  I never thought you were hunting turkeys with a rifle, not in KY anyways.   :eyebrownod:

HaMeR

I was purdy sure you meant the coyote too. After reading that post tho I could see where it could be confusing. And in the eyes of the wrong person they would naturally assume you meant the big male turkey. By making my post & you replying the way you did everything is crystal clear & nobody can doubt you shot the correct critter on that day.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nothing more. Nothing less.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

I usually go to Virgina every year to turkey hunt a bit and there its legal to hunt em with rifle's as well as a bunch of states out west.

Now thats my kind of turkey hunting! :biggrin:

!

pitw

Quote from: WldWldWest on April 04, 2011, 08:22:05 AM
I usually go to Virgina every year to turkey hunt a bit and there its legal to hunt em with rifle's as well as a bunch of states out west.

Now thats my kind of turkey hunting! :biggrin:

Why do some states allow it and others don't :confused:.  Is safety the issue or am I missing something here?  Not having them around I only get to talk about them here.

riverboss

Im not sure why but i would sure love to give it a try altho i believe i would kill more with my shotgun because there head moves around alittle to much sometimes its hard with a shotgun to get a bead on them and i believe a body shot wouldnt leave much to eat with a rifle.

riverboss

Thanks Hammer i sent Ed a cell phone pic after i shot him i would of posted some pic on here but my dialup and old computer and lack of computer skills has my hands tied ive got afew LBL pic i tried to post and spent the better half of a day for nothing so i dont even bother anymore but some day i will get my internet where i want it.